Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Connection Issues

Options
  • 07-08-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Basically, the connection went down last night and just wouldn't repair. I tried using the 'diagnose connection problems' tool a few times and that did nothing. Except, now when I try to diagnose connection problems, it brings me to a menu and asks me to select my wireless network from the list, with no option there to say I'm not trying to connect to a wireless network.

When I go in to network connections, the broadband connection is listed under Wireless as 'not connected' and I've tried a number of the troubleshoots but nothing seems to be making any difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Marie where are you located? I'm in the Navan area and have been having issues with my Breeze connection for the past week. Overall the download speed is about 1/5 of what it should be even at off-peak times and I think the connection has been dropping too.

I assume you are a Breeze wireless customer too. To get your connection back up try unplugging and the replugging the Alvarion unit from the mains. Also if you have a router do the same with this. Hopefully your connection should reset itself. Let me know if this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

marie_85 wrote: »
    Basically, the connection went down last night and just wouldn't repair. I tried using the 'diagnose connection problems' tool a few times and that did nothing. Except, now when I try to diagnose connection problems, it brings me to a menu and asks me to select my wireless network from the list, with no option there to say I'm not trying to connect to a wireless network.

When I go in to network connections, the broadband connection is listed under Wireless as 'not connected' and I've tried a number of the troubleshoots but nothing seems to be making any difference.

Any ideas?

Looks like your laptop (I assume) has lost connection to your wireless router, not the IBB service itself. Give support a call they should be able to help you get it back up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Managed to get it sorted. Something to do with reinstalling a software driver :confused:

Anyways, it's working again. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh, was more than likely a problem with the wifi driver.

Advertisement