Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Irish BB DSL options are now capped?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

is it really true that all the Irish Broadband DSL products are now capped?

Switched to them just a couple of months ago from 3Mb BT product because of the unlimited option, little did I know about the upcoming Imagine deal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

I'm pretty sure users who ordered IBB DSL before Imagine took them over are still "unlimited" under a fair usage policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I can't confirm DSL as I'm on Beeze wireless and have heard nothing from them in that regards but it wouldn't surprise me at all that the service does become capped under their new deal.
    I think it was very unfair on other ISPs that IBB did not conform to the cosy little cartel currently in place by nearly all other ISPs in Ireland imposing caps and thusly now under their new leadership they must therefore conform and impose these said caps, otherwise they won't be invited to the annual 4am nudist party at Killiney beach held each year on 8th August.

True story.

;)

Seriously though, really wouldn't surprise me if caps were to be imposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

YeS

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not a cartel. It reflects eircom charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

watty wrote: »
    It's not a cartel. It reflects eircom charges.

so it's a thinly veiled monopoly. which is worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

I haven't received anything from Irish BB neither, and no cap was imposed so far.

It's just a bit strange that such a serious change of usage policy was not even communicated out if they indeed plan on capping (although I remember that the policy itself does indeed state that they can change it at any time and without any notifications).

With BT offering 24Mbit uncapped, I wonder what the rest of the 30Gb a month crowd will do?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

towel401 wrote: »
    so it's a thinly veiled monopoly. which is worse?

Well you can't blame everyone (which would be valid for a Cartel).

Advertisement