Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is the best way to drive over these type of bumps?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

bumpll0.th.jpg

Like in my pic above, or on one wheel??

One of those silly things I have always wondered!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I always do it with one wheels, but a passenger gave out to me for it saying it damages the suspension. Don't know of any truth in that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If I'm alone in car I go over bump with the lightest side wheel. If more people in car I do as your pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

em...i dont understand the picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't understand the picture either?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it's one of those silly half-road-width bumps I usually go straight over it in my car, and each wheel usually just goes over the sloping edges of the bump rather than over the bump itself and you hardly notice it. But in my wife's Yaris (narrower distance between wheels) I usually go slightly to one side or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Just use the foot path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Drive over it slowly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭legalbird12

They are not silly, the reason for those particular bumps is for ambulance routes. The ambulances are meant to go over them in the middle of the road and the rest of us go ver them on two wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They are not silly, the reason for those particular bumps is for ambulance routes. The ambulances are meant to go over them in the middle of the road and the rest of us go over them on two wheels.
    :confused: There usually isn't any more room between the bumps, than the bumps are wide, less usually, so how does that work? Any vehicle driving down the middle of the road would have one wheel on each bump rather than both wheels on one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

They are not silly, the reason for those particular bumps is for ambulance routes. The ambulances are meant to go over them in the middle of the road and the rest of us go ver them on two wheels.

every speed bump is silly.before they just had bad roads, now they have bad roads with speed bumps so you can hardly drive on them at all. why should ordinary people have to be annoyed with this crap just because someone once woke up some old biddy living in an estate by driving too fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,963 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I always drive over like that because it requires less slowing down. There is no truth to the 'ruined suspension' theory or the It'll ruin your diff' theory. neither are true, the truth is normal country road is worse for your car than these.

Advertisement