Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bobby Robson - Im Dying

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    I made a point and was questioned on it. Would you prefer if I didn't defend it and back it up?
    Nope, defend away. But also have the maturity to admit your wrong, when your wrong. Not your opinion btw, just the thrust of your argument
    How you can say "So what?" to the whole fiasco is unbelievable. We were 1 minute of injury time away from being the laughing stock of Europe and your response is "So what?". What the hell is that about?
    I'm saying "so what" to the perceived weight you put behind Robson's part in this fiasco, it's negligible at most. Mountain out of molehill would seem to sum up your argument tbph.

Hypocrite much? It's alright for you to tell me to fuck off because I question Robson? Where's your thick skin? Seems I've gotten under it quite easily.
    Lol, far from it. To be honest, I knew you would fail to see the irony in me telling you to fuk off, I can't say I'm surprised.
    As for your patronising bollox with regard to my age and being 'only 23', it bares no relevance to the conversation and shows up your character rather nicely if you have to resort to petty jibes.
    You brought your age into it, not me. It was not a petty jibe, just an observation on your immaturity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I won't be saying I'm wrong because imo I'm not. Robson WAS part of that regime and should have, again imo, pulled the plug when he became ill again. I fail to see what's wrong with that.

I don't want to get involved in flinging petty insults back and forth so I'll stop there and not question your accusation of immaturity.

I won't be saying I'm wrong because imo I'm not. Robson WAS part of that regime and should have, again imo, pulled the plug when he became ill again. I fail to see what's wrong with that.
    And I don't think that anybody is in a position to disagree with you in relation to the fact that he was part of the regime. What I disagree with is the weight you put behind this. Lets have a little look at your contribution on this matter in this thread:
    Almost as sad as his association with the FAI. Should never ever have agreed to take that job given his health.
    Equating news of his cancer and impending death with a fuk up in the FAI.
    Let's face it, it's unfortunately what he's going to be remembered for in Ireland
    A fine sweeping statement, when the majority on this thread (mostly Irish and living in Ireland) would seem to disagree with you.
    Sorry but that's no excuse. I've always liked Bobby but that whole fiasco sullied my opinion of him.
    This "whole fiasco" in which he was merely doing his job, a thankless one at that, has "sullied" the opinion of one of the most loyal and gifted people football will ever see.
    He really shouldn't have got involved though if he wasn't well.
    But he was well at the time he took up the job.
    Cruijff wrote: »
    I for one am very saddened about this, the man was an excellent manager, and what always seemed to be a top bloke.

To people bitching and moaning about Bob and the FAI, ffs give it up. Two parties were wrong in that situation and it was Steve Staunton and the FAI.

Quit your whinging about Sir Bob.
    This is the post the sums up your pettiness and you inability to grasp what his involvement with the FAI was at that time. One or two others seemed to agree with me.
    Des wrote: »
    That snivelling little rat hanging him out to dry on Joe Duffy that time was one of the lowest acts I've ever seen or heard, not only in football, but in any walk of life.

I'm still angry at that. Bobby Robson didn't deserve it, and that spineless cretin should have been hung, drawn and quartered for it.
    As usual Des hits the proverbial on the head, with the post of the thread and sums up very well the idiots Robson had to deal with, and the pup he was sold.
    Meh fair enough. There were no innocent bystanders in that regime, apart from maybe the players.

Bobby is a legend of the game and will be sorely missed and there's no denying that, but to overlook to sham that was his and Stan's tenure at the helm of Irish football is simply turning a blind eye.
    You stick your head in after a period of silence with this above gem, and still try to keep flogging that dead horse...
    From whatever post I've seen of yours you seem like a sound guy but your basically leading a one man personal vandeta against one of the most loved characters in football, good luck trying to get people to share your opinion. Doesn't matter if your point is a valid one or not, once people here you speak negatively about people just wont want to listen

Sums it up tbh.

I'll make one final point then. I 'stuck the head in' because someone dragged up a post of mine made 4 months beforehand and questioned it. But yeah, nice of you to include that in your little montage.

Cheers though.

I'll make one final point then. I 'stuck the head in' because someone dragged up a post of mine made 4 months beforehand and questioned it. But yeah, nice of you to include that in your little montage.

Cheers though.

No worries...bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think this thread sums up perfectly why I could never go to a boards beers.. How there isn't all out war at each one is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think this thread sums up perfectly why I could never go to a boards beers.. How there isn't all out war at each one is beyond me.
    lol

people are a hundred times more restrained in real life.

It's easy to hammer away at a keyboard, but people would never have a go like that in the real world.

Sure only last week I had beers with three other lads from here. One Liverpool, one Manchester United and one Newcastle.

Nice and civilised, the Liverpool fan was Mr Alan :eek:

If I was at a beers with Hobart I would gladly buy him a pint and have a chat, same with anyone else here for that matter.

If I was at a beers with Hobart I would gladly buy him a pint and have a chat, same with anyone else here for that matter.

+1, I might even buy Des a glass (if he was dressed as beautifully as he was the last time I saw him ;)). If Xavi was to invite (and pay for) me to go over and buy him a Cascade from my home town, I'd be on the next plane :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hobart wrote: »
    +1, I might even buy Des a glass (if he was dressed as beautifully as he was the last time I saw him ;))

:eek:

Who are you?

ffs you could have introduced yourself

IMG_0383.jpg

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote: »
    +1, I might even buy Des a glass (if he was dressed as beautifully as he was the last time I saw him ;)). If Xavi was to invite (and pay for) me to go over and buy him a Cascade from my home town, I'd be on the next plane :D.

Hmmm we'll discuss that arrangement at the (potential) soccer beers in Feb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just think Cancer is one of those things that excuses you from your contribution to a job.

I don't understand why it would have necessarily been better for the team if he had left when he got sick again, I mean Stan-completely on his own?

I have to say as well, I think Stan is a legend. Had alot of time for him, his speech about what Keane said to McCarthy was spot on (You can't say that stuff to a manager-no matter how it came about). I won't let a year when he was out of his depth sully my opinion of one of the most important, and professional players the country has ever produced.

....Even if I don't understand Finnan on the left and O'Shea on the right.....its still not as boggling as Whelan/Gibson or as I like to call it-the union of mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

guys guys guys

will ye put a sock in it and stop harping on about the FAI and bobby robson fiasco.

srewth.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

guys guys guys

will ye put a sock in it and stop harping on about the FAI and bobby robson fiasco.

srewth.!

indeed the man is a true footballing legend and will rightly be remembered so. i'm aware that its all opinion based about will the fai thing be remembered. i dont even remember it cos it was under the muppet reign. i dont want arguments or anything about said reign i just want it to be known he'll be remembered as a legend all around the world. that now isn't opinion thats just a fact, anyone agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Des.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

original.aspx

Advertisement