Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exams Query

• 07-08-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,
    I have two exams to repeat this month from semester 1. Does anyone know if i have to pass these exams to go into 2nd year? This might sound like a stupid question but someone told me that i can afford to fail two repeats as long as there from semester1. I sent an email to the head of the department but still havent heard anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It depends on the subjects. Some subjects you might require next year, and therefore without passing you wont be permitted. In other cases, the subject is not a requirement and you can therefore "carry" the subject with you next year and repeat the subject again in December with other first years (exams are not in January this year according to the calendar).

Personally, I dont recommend this. Speaking from experience, carrying to many subjects ads to the work load and can result in failing again (like I have done) the same subject or another subject due to lack of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tony71187

It really depends on the course and subject far as i know.I know of business students who were allowed to carry up to 4 subjects into the following year but also know students that were not allowed to carry subjects such as maths in engineering due to how essential it is . Id say repeat the exams and return to college in sept. as usual . Thats what my plan is anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Deise-Girl..xx

thanks for the replys!
    study going well so hopefully ill pass this time..good luck to everyone who has repeats!:)

Advertisement