Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh

Options
  • 07-08-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, Went to Corkagh Park fisheries for the first time last night, Beautiful spot, Nice staff. Word of warning though. Unfortunately one of the sluice gates was vandalised that regulates the water flow into the two lakes. The lakes are a little flooded and alot of silt etc has been brought to the surface. So I'd say its ok for he Carp Lake at the moment but the fly lake is seriously murky. There were insects all over the water but I didn't hear as much as a splash and observed no fish jumping. I highly recomend you give them a bell before you head out to check on the water quality,Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon and I can give fly fishing/tangling another go :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Howdy folks, Went to Corkagh Park fisheries for the first time last night, Beautiful spot, Nice staff. Word of warning though. Unfortunately one of the sluice gates was vandalised that regulates the water flow into the two lakes. The lakes are a little flooded and alot of silt etc has been brought to the surface. So I'd say its ok for he Carp Lake at the moment but the fly lake is seriously murky. There were insects all over the water but I didn't hear as much as a splash and observed no fish jumping. I highly recomend you give them a bell before you head out to check on the water quality,Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon and I can give fly fishing/tangling another go :)

hay dude made a thread for this ill bring it to the first page now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

oh its gone for some reason ah well this can be the new one lets hope this one doesn't get deleted hahaha

Advertisement