Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long do you wait???

• 07-08-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi Everyone...

I have recently become unempolyed and just cant seem to get anywork - and as much as it killed me on advice of my dad and b/f I signed on..

I went down when I finished work and they said I'd to call back with my p.45 when I got it - whcih I was waiting 2 weeks for - I brought this down to the Tuesday of last week... but still have not gotten anythng from them..

Its my first time to sign on what why does it work?? Will I be back payed?? The did tell me I qualify for full payment when I was down first?? How much is the pay??

Sorry for all the questions but I dont seem to be able to find hte answers on the SW Website..

thanks again
    xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

It could take a few more weeks due to the offices being really busy, ring them to find out. They will pay from the date you made the claim unless you asked for it be back payed. It is € 197-80 per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You can fill out a form for back payments. You just need proof of when you became unemployed. It normally takes a week or two for them to send information out to you.

If you don't hear from them by next week, go to the office and see if anything is holding up your claim.

Remember to keep any job application receipts or correspondence for proof of actively seeking employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

Thanks for the reply Tom... I will give them a ring 2moro.... Its been nearly 4 weeks now since I worked and I am totally smashed so any lil amount is going to help!!!

Thanks again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

You should be getting word anytime now. They said it can take up to 6 weeks to process a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Saggitarius

tiggs wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Tom... I will give them a ring 2moro.... Its been nearly 4 weeks now since I worked and I am totally smashed so any lil amount is going to help!!!

Thanks again..

I same as you. They promissed me, they will ring me on the next week. That was 3 weeks ago. Before start of school also is going to help any amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Athina

In some areas of the country there appears to be a backlog of a few months. I guess the recruitment freeze in the Civil Service isn't helping either. If you are desperate for cash, go along to your local Community Welfare Officer who may be in a position to give you a weekly supplementary allowance, this will be taken off your backdated benefit payment when you do eventually receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Saggitarius

Athina wrote: »
    In some areas of the country there appears to be a backlog of a few months. I guess the recruitment freeze in the Civil Service isn't helping either. If you are desperate for cash, go along to your local Community Welfare Officer who may be in a position to give you a weekly supplementary allowance, this will be taken off your backdated benefit payment when you do eventually receive it.

Fortunatelly I have soon job a week ago, but 1st payday in the next weekend. Also can I ask the CWO officer to any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Athina

In cases of financial hardship, the CWO may be in a position to make a discretionary emergency payment, you have nothing to lose by asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Just make sure that you have filled out all of the forms and have handed in everything on the checklist they gave you. I went into them on 18th July and a few times since and was told that they would contact me about an interview. Called them today and they said that would send my payment details next week with no interview...?

Call them every week or so just to check what stage your claim is at and to see if they can give you any additional information. I discovered that I'll be getting some much needed money sooner than I thought I would, so it's always good to check!

Advertisement