Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i getting good rate

Options
  • 07-08-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

i have a 25 year mortgage itsprincipal and intrest and variable,i have it 2 years and 3 months the first 2 years were intrest only. now it has changed to the new rate of 7 per cent and its costing me around 1300 euro a month. the house isrented and i hope to sell it when things pick up again. am i paying too much any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

I know rates have gone up the last while, but there is definately better than 7% available out there.

This may be of help:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=60328

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Certainly sounds like a very bad deal. What is your LTV (Loan to Value - the percentage of the value of the house your mortgage is for - i.e. house worth 400K with a mortgage for 300K is an LTV of 75%)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

for example
    http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?1nID=94&pID=104&nID=278#tab1

who aren't even the absolute cheapest in the market afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 39 maggiemagpie

thanks a lot for the help guys must start ringing around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Did you buy the property to live in and then decide to rent it out or did you buy with the intention of letting? You will only get a home mortgage rate on your principal private residence, otherwise its an investment property at commercial rates.

You will be lucky to find anyone to refinance this at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

i have a 25 year mortgage itsprincipal and intrest and variable,i have it 2 years and 3 months the first 2 years were intrest only. now it has changed to the new rate of 7 per cent and its costing me around 1300 euro a month. the house isrented and i hope to sell it when things pick up again. am i paying too much any help appreciated

:eek:yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Yourselves no doubt :rolleyes:

The rate is probably a RIL (Residential Investment Loan) rate or could be even a sub prime mortgage. You don't give us much to work on OP. My guess is that it's a RIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AC Mortgages

What happened my posts????

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Deleted. If you want to advertise your website/business on boards.ie, contact the Admins and pay for it.

Any other advertising may lead to your account being banned.

Advertisement