Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What car would you rent in America from here?

• 07-08-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

Going to be renting in LA, actually won't be renting from these, but found the site. Some amazing cars for rent though!
    http://www.bhrentacar.com/cars.htm
    Realisticly, I'd go for this:
    cadillac1958conv_teal_f.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LA? I'd get this for some street cred :D

Rolls_Royce_Drophead_Coupe_f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dr_gonza_attorney

76Cadillac_f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

76Cadillac_f.jpg

Nice choice, the red shark, i'll be driving to vegas too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

show_vehicle.php?mode=view&img=24ftstakebed_f.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

76Cadillac_f.jpg
    As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

When I was over in San Fran I rented a Corvette Convertible
    Proper quick and only cost around €45 a day

Was a great laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

show_vehicle.php?mode=view&img=1971_chevy_corvette_stingray_f.jpg

It would have to be a 'Vette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

migth as well go all out

auburn_f.jpg

even though it's probably a replica ...who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I got a nissan 350z in San Fran, think the same company do rentals in LA. Can't think of the name off hand though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

When I went to Boston there during the summer, I tried to get literallyt the smallest thing they had. What they gave me was a 3.2 V6...
    I'm headingto LA in March for a family wedding. The brother is going renting a Mustang and I'm renting a Harley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wet-paint wrote: »
    When I went to Boston there during the summer, I tried to get literallyt the smallest thing they had. What they gave me was a 3.2 V6...
    I'm headingto LA in March for a family wedding. The brother is going renting a Mustang and I'm renting a Harley.
    Always a good idea to book a small car - odds are you'll get a free upgrade. On that basis, you should book a scooter and hope for a Hardly.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

show_vehicle.php?mode=view&img=Lamborghini_Gallardo_black_f.jpg

Gotta be the lambo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was thinking a Mustang GT Convertible but I can't quite see the point of renting a nice car.

I did read an article a few years back about a place outside of LA that rents classic cars. Their motto was something like "Looks horrible, runs great", but a quick google shows up nothing. The guy was rolling in it because the place was so popular. His biggest problem was people kept offering silly money to buy the cars instead of rent them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Can't believe they rent a Veyron!! Some nice machines there, but shocking poor value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

In Disney with the family & took one of these out for a fortnight H2 (my son thought he was in heaven), good fun but my God they are way behind compared any relatively decent jeep available here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Go getta Dodge!

Advertisement