Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new retro game shp in moore st mall

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ah the 3V card isn't great and you can end up losing some money on it. Not a lot but a few Euro because it costs €2.50 to transfer funds and Paypal don't really like you adding too many of them to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Is a Dreamcast worth €50 ?
    Gamestop had some Cubes for €30 with a controller.

Depends really, if the system is in good conditon (no yellowing) and you get some decent games with it, then yes it probably is. But lets face it, if you dont buy online where else would you pick up a Dreamcast?

Thats a fair enough price for a Cube aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Yeah, wildly expensive...might have been 20 euro but I feel it was 30. I was happy with the game but that was the last time I bought from that shop.

Did he force you to buy that game? before you could leave the shop :D that is crazy money, you could of bought a Mint copy of Alien solider for that amount of money.

Dreamcats (meow) are worth about 15Euro now thats for a bog standard one, if its Modded expected to pay more for it just a bit more and if it comes with VGA yet again a bit more. And yet again with the games most can be bought fairly cheaply now,

or if its this baby

hellokittydreamcast.jpg
    Expect to drop a small fortune on. Especially in this economic weather. lol:cool:

What's so great about that baby and what's a modded Dreamcast ? Are we talking modded with a chip to play copied games ?

Thats the ever so lovely, pink limited edition Hello Kitty Dreamcast. They're quite hard to find and they were jap only (I think). It also comes in see-through blue aswell, but appleidog prefers the pink :P And yes a modded one will allow you to play copied games and/or imported games aswell. But a modded one could also mean that it has a fancy case with LED's and all sorts of shiny things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Is the place in the moore street mall still open? I wanna look for some NES and megadrive games and was wondering where the best place would be?

Just got that megadrive thing in game and its got 15 games built in to it and you can play megadrive games on it so i need to rock out some more games for it. Any ideas bar ebay?

No, that place in Moore St. Mall is long gone. I have no idea (bar t'internet) about NES games as I don't own one, but as for Megadrive, have a look in GameExchange in Talbot St. Just read a few posts back, we've been talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok guys!

what should i buy? a mega drive or a dreamcast? also what am i looking at spending on either one?

yeah i was gonna head to game exchange but the last time i was in it the place was half boarded up. I guess i will take a walk down anyway,might find something cool.

Thanks for the reply back about my search for game

ok guys!

what should i buy? a mega drive or a dreamcast? also what am i looking at spending on either one?

Get the thing in game,its €50 and its got 15 megadrive games built into it and you can play your old megadrive games in it too.

http://www.blazeeurope.com/sega/cartridge-console-with-15-sega-megadrive-games/prod_68.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

appleidog wrote: »
    Did he force you to buy that game? before you could leave the shop :D that is crazy money, you could of bought a Mint copy of Alien solider for that amount of money.

Dreamcats (meow) are worth about 15Euro now thats for a bog standard one, if its Modded expected to pay more for it just a bit more and if it comes with VGA yet again a bit more. And yet again with the games most can be bought fairly cheaply now,

or if its this baby

hellokittydreamcast.jpg
    Expect to drop a small fortune on. Especially in this economic weather. lol:cool:

That DC is pure sex. I've seen some nice DC's, even custom ones, but that is just really nice looking. Anyway, yeah, I have been robbed on several occassions buying games and consoles and I have learned a thing or two since that day. It's a great game (Sonic & Knuckles) and just alot of fun to put on when a friend is over but it would have been nicer to get it for a decent price.

Games Exchange (and he does Books) will be about €10-15 for a Mega Drive game. I didn't really see anythng decent in there though and he's got a million football games for the Saturn!

I think though he had a sign up saying buy 2games get a third free. If he was open to some haggling I might go in again but he didn't seem the sort and I'm too shy for that kinda thing.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    That DC is pure sex. I've seen some nice DC's, even custom ones, but that is just really nice looking. Anyway, yeah, I have been robbed on several occassions buying games and consoles and I have learned a thing or two since that day. It's a great game (Sonic & Knuckles) and just alot of fun to put on when a friend is over but it would have been nicer to get it for a decent price.

No doubt about it Sonic & Knuckles is a awesome game second best only to Sonic 1, And the Hello kitty Dreamcast is to mnice i really need to get one!.

DISCOBEAKER

I have around 50 Nes games I'm looking to get rid of and a few Megadrive games including Dynamite Headdy (Treasure) Thunder force IV (Technosoft)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

appleidog wrote: »
    DISCOBEAKER

I have around 50 Nes games I'm looking to get rid of and a few Megadrive games including Dynamite Headdy (Treasure) Thunder force IV (Technosoft)

more info please :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ok guys!

Ray, I might have a megadrive going for sale next week with a few games. I will work out the exact cost but should be around €30 for the console and about 4/5 games if you interested?

But for gaming reasons I would get a dreamcast. ;)

Go for both! Neither of them will run you much money and both are reliable systems, although some say the GD-ROM is a bit dodgy in the Dreamcast. Both have some fantasic and original games, and of course great SEGA titles.

Slighly off topic, but since I'm already posting: Anyone know how much the Arcade Power Stick for the MegaDrive sells for? I found one in my granny's shed (:confused:) and just wondering. I'm not going to sell it, but just curious as to the price they go for.

Trying to make a few quid are you ? :(

I have a copy of Probotector in a box which Ebay says it goes for a good few pennies ?
    It'll be staying here though.

Go for both! Neither of them will run you much money and both are reliable systems, although some say the GD-ROM is a bit dodgy in the Dreamcast. Both have some fantasic and original games, and of course great SEGA titles.

Slighly off topic, but since I'm already posting: Anyone know how much the Arcade Power Stick for the MegaDrive sells for? I found one in my granny's shed (:confused:) and just wondering. I'm not going to sell it, but just curious as to the price they go for.

a few Euro like 4 at the most Atavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 0010100

Kevster wrote: »
    They have a GameBoy there for €50

That's actually ridiculous! I've bought mint condition ones from people on forums and ebay for 10-15 euros.

• Advertisement
Advertisement