Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOS Toe-to-Toe with Batista

• 07-08-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

2008-08-dave-batista--sheamus-oshaunessy.jpg

Sheamus Toe-To-Toe With Batista…

Irish WWE wrestling giant Sheamus O’Shaunessy got in a war of words recently with
    three-time World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista in the USA. At 6′6″ and 21 Stones
    of North Dublin steel, the Cabra man made the grappling superstar look like your average
    Joe. No mean feat but our Sheamus really is something to behold…

To Read the Entire Build Up Aritcle to this Match Click Here!
    http://www.showbizireland.com/news/august08/07-sheamus-toe-to-toe-with-batista.shtml

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He is our Khali.

Why does Showbiz Ireland give Seamus so much coverage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cos he once gave them a run of coverage of everything he was doing, from Tv spots to oversea results, and i guess they just feel proud to have promoted him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that happened a few weeks ago at the second fcw tv show, they be a bit slow reporting it. Its funny when he had that dark match on smackdown 2-3 weeks back a few florida lads on some forums were proclaiming him as a local :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

If he has half the unearned success of Dave Bautista he can count himself lucky

EdK wrote: »
    If he has half the unearned success of Dave Bautista he can count himself lucky

Unearned success?

• Advertisement

Yes :pac:

Yes :pac:

How so?

Lazy worker who has a great look but not much else going for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert wrote: »
    Why does Showbiz Ireland give Seamus so much coverage?

I asked myself that question after many posts here about Sheamus which quoted from that site. Turns out the owner of Showbiz Ireland is Sheamus's manager

Lazy worker who has a great look but not much else going for him

Lazy in what respects? He has had some great matches. Pretty good on the mic and brillant facial expressions. Not to mention he carries himself as a star. Again I fail to see how his success is unearned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lazy in what respects? He has had some great matches. Pretty good on the mic and brillant facial expressions. Not to mention he carries himself as a star. Again I fail to see how his success is unearned.

He got a golden ticket in Evolution, any big guy who got that would have been elevated to the Main Event position but he's started to come into his own and his ring work is starting too improve. He just needs to either learn to rugby tackle or stop using the spear

He has had some great matches.

Name these "great" matches :p

I've always found him really awkward on the mic. His convoluted catchphrase never helped him there

EDIT: Oh, Batista. Yeah, I agree with rovert

Bubs101 wrote: »
    He got a golden ticket in Evolution, any big guy who got that would have been elevated to the Main Event position

Lex Luger & Sid didnt do nowhere near as well as Batista.
    but he's started to come into his own and his ring work is starting too improve. He just needs to either learn to rugby tackle or stop using the spear

Oh yeah I agree.

But to say his success is unearned is ridiculous as he has worked for years to get to the top of WWE.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Name these "great" matches :p

I've always found him really awkward on the mic. His convoluted catchphrase never helped him there

EDIT: Oh, Batista. Yeah, I agree with rovert

:D

I hated all those half hour IWW title defenses SOS made on TWC: Fight. Bland isnt even the word.

I agree when he wants to he is a good performer, but he phones it in on a regular basis, He is very arrogant and very un-humble considering his rise from Deacon to The Animal, as for mic work I always that he looked very uncomfortable with the stick

His has an excuse for every one of his short comings in his very poor excuse of a book, and as Bubs said he got the golden ticket in Evolution and now benefits greatly from close relationships with The Game and Ric Flair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lex Luger & Sid didnt do nowhere near as well as Batista.

In fairness to Sid he was a 6 time world champion in the two biggest companies. He might not have done as well a Batista in terms of his longevity but in terms of success he's his equal

In fairness to Sid he was a 6 time world champion in the two biggest companies. He might not have done as well a Batista in terms of his longevity but in terms of success he's his equal

LOL title belts

Sid wasnt a draw, Batista IS.

Anyway Ive said this on the F4W boards before Wrestlemania about young Seamus but I think him debuting in a ginger Giant Gonzalez suit would be money:

GiantGonzalesTbone.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SOS is ****ing brutal. Utter ****e in the ring. And TERRIBLE as in embarrassingly terrible on the mic. Hes only received such press because of his many contacts in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He is a big dude though (First thing Vince seems to look for on a C.V., a lot of the time anyway) and he has an interesting look, and the whole Irish thing may just stand for him in the McMahon's eyes, so Sh*te or not (I've never actually seen him wrestle so I can't comment on that) he may just turn up on WWE TV at some point if his Florida training progresses at all. I have an image of a young partner for Finlay similar to when Bull Buchannan came in with Bossman (Yes, I know that didn’t last long!), but I for one would feel some pride for a Dub getting on WWE TV (Even if there's maybe more deserving Irish guys out there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

the Cabra man made the grappling superstar look like your average
    Joe. No mean feat but our Sheamus really is something to behold…

Its amazing what a camera angle can do.

Showbiz.ie. In all honesty? Who gives a flying f**k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I'd be much more interested in seeing this guy on my TV screen.
    fergaldevitt002.jpg
    I though TNA might pick him up after there Tokyo dome show, but who knows maybe Fergal Devitt is happy in japan for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd be much more interested in seeing this guy on my TV screen.
    fergaldevitt002.jpg
    I though TNA might pick him up after there Tokyo dome show, but who knows maybe Fergal Devitt is happy in japan for now.

Hes grand where he is. His career is much better served working ful-time tours with New Japan 8 months out of 12 a year, rather than being booked as an afterthought in TNA getting 2 5 min matches on Xplosion a month if hes lucky.

Ive watched SOS for years, even had a chance to see how he trained the guys and i am sorry but i must defend him.

For one, he isnt the greatest of all time, but to say he is useless is just totally wrong, his mic skills is better than some, but incase some of you critics havent noticed, he is in FCW, which is the DEVELOPMENTAL stages, give the guy a break like.

In theory he is the best we have right now, and on paper he is the best we've ever had. He worked hard to get where he is, and it shows (obviously not on his tan though :p).
    And as for all the publicity, as Gimmick said-Who gives a monkeys ass?

New Japan have shown a lot of faith in Devitt and I think that the smart thing for him to do would be to repay them by sticking around and not running off for a company like TNA. Very few people get the sort of opportunity that Devitt has been given, as a foreigner doing so well in Japan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Ive watched SOS for years, even had a chance to see how he trained the guys and i am sorry but i must defend him.

For one, he isnt the greatest of all time, but to say he is useless is just totally wrong, his mic skills is better than some, but incase some of you critics havent noticed, he is in FCW, which is the DEVELOPMENTAL stages, give the guy a break like.

In theory he is the best we have right now, and on paper he is the best we've ever had. He worked hard to get where he is, and it shows (obviously not on his tan though :p).
    And as for all the publicity, as Gimmick said-Who gives a monkeys ass?

I hate to say this but Sheamus could really do with some time under a tanning bed!

Anyway I'm inclined to agree with comic book guy here. I've seen the man wrestle on several occasions and the only time he's ever looked good in my eyes was when working with a superior opponent like Drew Galloway. But that is not to say all the SOS hate on here is justified.

As has been pointed out, he's super-green and can only improve in time, and frankly is far more likely to pick-up the WWE style than Devitt as, in comparison to the ultra-gifted Devitt, FCW are dealing with a relatively clean slate in O'Shaunessy. A great "worker" or not, WWE have pushed far, far worse than SOS. Moreover, Sheamus, though often boring, has never been cringe-inducingly bad in the ring anytime I've seen him.

As for the charisma issue; I've seen him cut promos as IWW's bland babyface champion, and been bored to tears. But I've also seen him ham it up as the "Grappling Green Giant/Irish Curse" on Podge and Rodge and he was thoroughly entertaining. I guess it depends on what character he is given in WWE (assuming me makes it to the main roster).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kev Rocks

In fairness to SOS in the time i known him, hes transformed from a bland and boring generic big man in to a very marketable and entertaining guy! Just before he left i think his mic work and in ring stuff had really improved too! So credit where its due, fair play to the big lad! Plus most of us ain't seen him wrestle in the year he's been in Florida so i assume hes improved further, I Hope we see him called up soon!

Also Fergie is well happy in Japan, especially considering hes one half of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, hahahahahaha

The frustrating thing about Fergal is the amount of injuries he has been picking up over there.

Latest SOS news:
    Latest WWE developmental TV taping for nonexistent TV show
    By Big D (from www.wrestlingobserver.com/www.f4wonline.com and www.angrymarks.com)

Alright so we are back for yet another Florida Championship Wrestling Television Taping report in South Tampa. The things that Steve Keirn and Dr. Tom Prichard are doing down here is great and really something that will help the business thrive in the future. Veterans who want the business to live forever is something everybody can like. Indeed, the WWE Developmental system continues to grow with another taping, which turned out to be the most fun taping I've been to yet!

FCW Diva Angela is back. She introduces BK Brian Kelly and Dusty Rhodes to do the commentary and off we go again.

Match #1: DH Smith and TJ Wilson (The Canadian Bulldogs) defeated "The Natural" Nick Nemeth and "Campus Legend" Brad Allen. This was about as satisying an opener as you can ask for. All four men worked very hard here. TJ started the match hot but soon got worked over by the heels. I've got to give these guys all the credit in the world, for a buncha "developmental" guys, they had the crowd eating out of their hands here for the hot tag. Finally TJ makes the hot tag to young Harold Smith who runs wild. Harry blocks a crossbody into a powerslam for a nearfall. Crowd went ballistic here. The finish was one of the most awesome double-team finishers I've seen in a long time. DH Smith sets you up for like a Hart-Attack type maneuver (lifting you up bear-hug-style), then TJ does a springboard Blockbuster ala Kenny King and gets the pinfall. Crowd went psycho for the finish. THAT is how you do a freaking opener on a wrestling show.

Sheamus comes out and cuts a promo claiming that the "Irish Curse" has hit Florida Championship Wrestling. Lots of "What" chants here. This crowd was much hotter than last week. Sheamus basically says he wants the FCW Southern Title, which is good because in order for a championship to mean something, everybody has to want it.

Match #2: Sheamus defeated Greg Jackson. Greg Jackson is one of those guys who I've ribbed a little bit in my reports about not really having a character and not sticking out. Well he opened my eyes in this match when it comes to his work-rate. I haven't gotten the chance to see him work singles and he's very good at singles. The match started out back and forth until Sheamus quickly took advantage. Crowd chanted "you need sunscreen", making it the most fun FCW crowd I have been in front of since the first taping. Sheamus began to dominate and hold Greg down with a half nelson. The man has a very thick base so his power moves actually look like they are hurting, which is always a plus. Greg makes a comeback but gets caught in Sheamus' clothesline/spinebuster combo for the pin. This match was another great one.

Angela introduces Edge. TREMENDOUS ovation for Edge, despite him being a heel. Edge quickly tried to heel the crowd but it failed. Tampa loves Edge too much. Edge cuts the exact same promo that every WWE superstar cuts when they appear on FCW, pointing out that it's the future of the business and that these guys will be competing on the WWE brand one day. I've heard this before. Edge is about to call out an FCW wrestler, but forgets his name. He then pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket and remembers its "Handsome" Heath Miller!

So Heath Miller comes out and confronts Edge. If you've read my previous FCW reports, you'll know I've compared Heath's look to Edge circa-1998. He has the same tights, similar hair, the same walk, the same maneurisms, everything. He's like the third Edgehead. Crowd chants "You're Not Edge" at Heath, even though he's the face. As I said, Edge is very much loved in Tampa. Heath puts Edge over as being his idol. He says he's fearless, especially since he will be stepping into Hell in a Cell with Undertaker. Heath credits Edge as being the reason for him getting in the business. That's obvious. Edge starts to poke fun at his geekyness and tells him to relax and take deep breaths. This... was great. Edge rules. Edge snaps and starts to chew out Heath in his face. He says he does not deserve to be in his presence and he hopes that by the time Heath does make it to the main roster that he won't be there. Edge then leaves and Heath looks heartbroken.

Match #3: "Handsome" Heath Miller defeated Stu Sanders. This match starts out with your basic wrestling. Heath went for a dropkick and didn't touch him, but Stu sold like he did. Fail. Stu then attacks Heath with strikes. Lots of back and forth punches and kicks, which quite frankly didn't exactly put the crowd in a frenzy. Stu starts to focus on Heath's back and work that over for the majority of the match. Heath then makes a comeback and hits an awesome FLYING Russian Legsweep for the pin. It's like he dives into you and takes you down. Great finisher and another good match.

Match #4: Drew McKintyre wrestled Jay Bradley to a no-contest. Drew comes out dressed in a kilt now. Well he may have had one before and I just didn't notice. To my knowledge, this is heel versus heel, which explains why the crowd was completely dead for this match. Three good matches and this made everybody sit on their hands. They went back and forth and it was tough to keep track of who was who, but at least Jay Bradley wore a colorful ring jacket to the ring, which is important when it comes to standing out. So they worked each other over or whatever until Afa comes out and attacks Jay Bradley. They are apparently feuding, and apparently the feud started at one of the FCW house shows in New Port Richie. So Afa attacks him and a bunch of refs and babyfaces come out. Naturally you'd assume this is a DQ in favor of Bradley, but no, the referee rules it a no-contest. Huh?

Match #5: Shawn Spears defeated Kevin Kiley. This was really a nothing match just used to get Spears over. Not long at all. Spears won a neckbreaker, then cut a somewhat boring promo afterwards. I can tell you Spears is close to being ready, but he has that Randy Orton/Ted Dibiase Jr. look that is a bit overdone in WWE.

Time for Intermission

Match #6: The Bella Twins defeated Roucka and "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix. The Bella Twins is a gimmick I believe has all kinds of potential. We've seen a bunch of twins come and go in the business (The Harris Brothers, the Ballards, etc) but we've never seen Twin females make an impact. I think WWE can do all kinds of fun angles with the gimmick. Anyways, the Bella Twins are still sort of green in my opinion and this match showed it. Beth Phoenix might be a big wide-based woman, but to deny she is attractive is ludicrous. Beth was very over as well. So the heels team on the Bellas, hot tag, typical tag formula. One of the Bella Twins (I can't tell them apart obviously) rolls up Roucka for a pin. After the match, Beth beat the crap out of both of them and lifted them up, stacked both of them on her shoulders, and did a huge samoan drop. Beth is freakishly strong.

CM Punk comes out and does, like everybody else, put over FCW and the talents, including Colt Cabana, which sturred a "Second City Saints" chant. Punk says that WWE does not demand that their workers go to FCW; they volunteer. I did not know that. Crowd went absolutely ape for Punk. Dusty then gets up and puts Punk over and says he is happy to see him make it to be World Heavyweight Champion. He then invites Punk to come sit with him in the broadcast booth and call the next match with him, which Punk agrees to.

Match #7: Black Pain defeated Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana. Colt Cabana comes out and waves to Punk, distracting Black Pain. Colt then rushes Black Pain and jumps on his back. For those who don't know, Black Pain is a gigantic dark-skinned wrestler with a mask, harking back to the days of monsters like Kamala and the Warlord. Colt rushes the guy but gets thrown down like a ragdoll. Pain slaps on a bear hug for a long time. Colt makes a small comeback but gets caught in a Catatonic-like move for the win. Yup... it's over just like that. Match went around five minutes and was essentially a squash. Why does Colt Cabana lose every week? So after the match, they teased Black Pain attacking Colt, but Punk rushes from the announce table and starts to duke it with the giant. He then hits the Go 2 Sleep.

Punk then helps Colt up. Huge "Second City Saints" chant. Crowd is going ballistic. Punk raises Colt's hand. WWE MUST put them together on television when they bring Colt up.

Match #8: Tyrone Jones defeated Kafu. I read in the Observer that Tyrone is about to be brought up in an MMA gimmick. Well that was in full effect here. Tyrone came out with red tights and red MMA gloves. They started the match with light striking, very much resembling a UWFI match. Nobuhiko Takada would be proud. Tyrone and Kafu laid the stiff kicks and open hand slaps to each other and quickly hit the ground. Shortly thereafter, Kafu hits an armdrag and Tyrone hits a bodyslam, which ends our "MMA" portion of the match. Tyrone hits a full-nelson driver, which looked sloppy. Tyrone then finished Kafu with a T-Bone suplex, landing Kafu on his head.

Match #9: Sinn Bowdee and Sterling Jack Gabriel defeated FCW Florida Tag Team Champions Eric Perez and Eddie Colon in a Non-Title Match. This was a damn good tag team match for developmental. Everybody worked hard and everything made sense. Eddie, as usual, started the match with his assortment of cartwheels and flippy-doo moves. Some back and forth tags until Bowdee and Gabriel get the advantage. They cut the ring off and work over Eddie Colon for a long time. Bowdee and Gabriel make a very strange juxtaposition. One is a "Carnival Freak" and the other looks like a "Top Gun" Graduate with a Chris Masters body. Eddie tagged in Eric, who ran wild. Sinn Bowdee used a move that JP Burger called "Hipatullabella" if I heard him correctly, which is like a fisherman's buster into a DDT while keeping a body-lock on. Yeah, it's hard to describe. He only gets 2 because Eddie broke up the pin. Bowdee then used a variation of A-Train's Trainwreck (Overhead Gutwrench Backbreaker Drop) for the win. I couldn't see the finish too well here, but I was told that's what he used. It is a non-title match, so Perez and Colon keep the straps.

Match #10: FCW Florida Champion Jake Hager defeated Gabe Tuft to retain the title. Angela introduced Jake as a Two-Time All American. For those who don't remember, they built this match up last week when James Curtis was "injured" at the hands of Jake Hager. Apparently I have indeed been.. heh... WORKED, because I legit thought it was a serious injury and they went home too soon because of it. Then I tune into ECW this week and THERE HE IS. They freakin got me. Dammit. At least it looked real cause I've been around and it's tough to get me. Anyways, Curtis accompanied Tuft to the ring, but left as the match progressed. Jake Hager is a big power freak. The two go back and forth to start out and Gabe quickly starts to work Hager's arm. Jake quickly starts to mow Gabe down with power maneuvers. Jake's offense is composed of mauling people and power moves, and he makes it look as real as possible when he does it. More back and forth action until Gabe makes the big babyface comeback. Curtis comes back and gets on the apron. Jake irish whips Gabe into Curtis, knocking him off the apron. This allows Hager to roll up Gabe for the pin. Hager wins again! 64-0 I believe.

Afterward, Gabe stares down Cutris. Heel turn a-cometh? Perhaps.

Angela wishes us a good day as the show ends.

Quick Notes:

- CM Punk was signing autographs at the booth.

- Overall this was the most fun FCW show I've been to since the first. Lots of effective angles, a hot crowd, and about four-to-five very good matches.

- Angela DID NOT announce any WWE talent for next week. So as of right now, it looks like no WWE talent next week, but that could change during the week.

- I spoke to some people there and asked about television (as I do every week). The negotiations for a television outlet are still forthcoming and the shows are pretty much guaranteed to be one hour shows. There are about six to eight (depending on editing) complete shows in the can and ready to air. From what I understand, when they start airing the shows, rather than begin with the 7/17 Taping (Debut show at the FCW Arena), they may begin with a more recent taping and keep those in the can for analysis. I really don't know and apparently nobody else does either. It's STILL "coming soon". Jeez.

For more information on the WWE Developmental, check http://www.fcwwrestling.com.

6'6 Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

SOS can have good matches with good wrestlers and can draw the crowd into his matches better than most.

While Devitt is our Benoit, SOS is our Hulk Hogan.

I think he could have a successful career. The tan thing, I actually think that makes him stand out. On a roster of tanned guys, to have a porcelain white Irish guy with ginger hair is the beginning of a gimmick in itself and invites a lot of chants. Like at that FCW event they were chanting "You need sunscreen!". I can just imagine Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler bantering about it. Bring him in under Finlay and have him actually learn from Finlay, then when the time comes he can turn on Finlay and break out on his own.

• Advertisement

Bring him in under Finlay and have him actually learn from Finlay, then when the time comes he can turn on Finlay and break out on his own.

To quote Rovert:
    "no"

Firstly, nothing good is coming from finlay, well nothing of major importance.

Why is everyones first thought of SOS in WWE is "Send him to finlay?!"
    Why not have him coming in from the get-go against finlay? makes more sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Cause he's still green in WWE terms. The best way to bring him in is to tag him with a veteran and with Finlay you have a natural fit and connection with the Irish thing. Being under Finlay would give him an introduction and let him develop his screen presence and WWE style without the scrutiny of being a stand alone guy. Plus, Finlay has forgot more about wrestling than most guys know so he would be a positive influence in developing SOS.

Re-reading the article, I got a chuckle out of the fact that SOS has to wear a UV protection suit out in the sun :D

To quote Rovert:

Firstly, nothing good is coming from finlay, well nothing of major importance.

Why is everyones first thought of SOS in WWE is "Send him to finlay?!"
    Why not have him coming in from the get-go against finlay? makes more sense to me.

I understood the point I thought you were making (keep SOS away from Finlay, let him be his own character) until you suggested his first feud should be against Finaly. What difference would that make?

In one scenario, SOS learns and gets a rub from Finlay. In the other scenario, eh, SOS learns and gets a rub from Finlay. Except in the scenario whereby SOS first teams wih Finlay and then turns on him, fans get a back-story and the feud and SOS' turn mean a hell of a lot more, while Sheamus would also be more likely to get over.

I understood the point I thought you were making (keep SOS away from Finlay, let him be his own character) until you suggested his first feud should be against Finaly. What difference would that make?

In one scenario, SOS learns and gets a rub from Finlay. In the other scenario, eh, SOS learns and gets a rub from Finlay. Except in the scenario whereby SOS first teams wih Finlay and then turns on him, fans get a back-story and the feud and SOS' turn mean a hell of a lot more, while Sheamus would also be more likely to get over.

Sorry about that, i was thinking maybe i should edit my post to clarify what i meant.

But its simple, the whole routine of veteran brings younger guy in, they have great run and get really really over, then you have the younger guy turn on the vet...

come on, its so overly done, look at it lately. With Dreamer/Delany?
    Does that clear any confusion up?

Ok sure. Have him come in and do something different. But would he still feud with Finlay?

I think in this case reliability should come before creativity. I mean yeah, pairing them up is the easiest option, but it also makes a lot of sense; the casual viewer will identify them both as being Irish (a rarity in wrestling, let alone mainstream American wrestling), and will expect some sort of program involving the two. Moreover, as has already been pointed out, SOS would could benefit big time from learning from Finlay; this is the guy who turned Trish Stratus from a T&A performer to, in many people's eyes, the best woman worker in WWE history.

Ok sure. Have him come in and do something different. But would he still feud with Finlay?

I think in this case reliability should come before creativity. I mean yeah, pairing them up is the easiest option, but it also makes a lot of sense; the casual viewer will identify them both as being Irish (a rarity in wrestling, let alone mainstream American wrestling), and will expect some sort of program involving the two. Moreover, as has already been pointed out, SOS would could benefit big time from learning from Finlay

The only way i wouldnt cringe if they went ahead with that is if there was a decent run with it. I cant help looking at Bob Holly and Rhodes and thinking how Holly is quite a fantastic wrestler, and Rhodes obviously is rising through the ranks, but it was such a flop.
    I guess seeing a guy who i actually talked to and watched wrestle going through the right doors and could end up on top of the ladder, maybe i just feel really sentimental towards and i dont want him to fail :o
    Finlay; this is the guy who turned Trish Stratus from a T&A performer to, in many people's eyes, the best woman worker in WWE history.

Thats true, the man is a miracle worker!

• Advertisement

I see where you're coming from with the Rhodes/Holly thing, but with Sheamus and Finlay you've got a much more colourful and realistic reason for Finlay to take SOS under his wing in the 1st place, and furthermore O'Shaunessy would benefit a great deal more from a pairing with a worker Finlay's calibre than Rhodes did with Holly.

I see where you're coming from with the Rhodes/Holly thing, but with Sheamus and Finlay you've got a much more colourful and realistic reason for Finlay to take SOS under his wing in the 1st place, and furthermore O'Shaunessy would benefit a great deal more from a pairing with a worker Finlay's calibre than Rhodes did with Holly.

Yeah, at least Finaly can cut a presentable promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

6'6 Ahem

He's 6'1 at best. He's only a couple of inches taller than me, and I'm 5'10/5'11.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I agree I've Seen Seamus and he's 6.1 and so much whiter than you validreasoning maybe there measuring from the floor to the top of his hair the spike would easily give him 5 inches

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I agree I've Seen Seamus and he's 6.1 and so much whiter than you validreasoning maybe there measuring from the floor to the top of his hair the spike would easily give him 5 inches

VR would actually look like SOS only that he shaves his head and does sunbeds !!

• Advertisement

Agreed and VR Cuts a much better promo

Sunbeds! Even they don't give me a tan like RAMPAGE1! I've been over here for nearly a week and i'm only starting the milkbottle colour! Now i'm just plain white!

(only reason i'm on this at the minute is because we managed to blag broadband from the hotel next door, mwahah!) :D
    VR!

The only reason your on is because you're already bored of Italy

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    The only reason your on is because you're already bored of Italy

Italy is kinda boring, much like this thread, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Sure Finlay isn't proper Irish like.

Jack Vegas wrote: »
    Sure Finlay isn't proper Irish like.

And proper Irish would be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He's 6'1 at best. He's only a couple of inches taller than me, and I'm 5'10/5'11.

VR!

interesting maybe he doesn't stand straight or something, here he is with irish olympian ken egan who himself is listed at 187cm or 6'2 in the olympics http://www.showbizireland.com/news/december06/13-sos05.shtml

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics2008/egank.html

drew galloway is a legit 6'5, he modelled in the uk and thats they height they had him at, is sos really 4-5 inches shorter than drew???

rossie1977 wrote: »
    drew galloway is a legit 6'5, he modelled in the uk and thats they height they had him at, is sos really 4-5 inches shorter than drew???

I know Dre has stood beside him as well, Not that i'm sure of his height either.
    Confirmation there please, dude?

VR!

Italy is kinda boring, much like this thread, lol

Off topic slightly, but it depends what you're into. But there's no way that you could walk around Pompeii and say it was boring. :)

VR!

Off topic slightly, but it depends what you're into. But there's no way that you could walk around Pompeii and say it was boring. :)

VR!

Holy ****, is this the return of VR! ?

Dam, i missed those return promo vids :p

Welcome home!

• Advertisement
Advertisement