Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football this weekend - 08-10/08/08

• 07-08-2008 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

8 Aug 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Carlisle Grounds
    8 Aug 2008 Cork City 7:45 Bohemians :cool: Turner's Cross
    8 Aug 2008 Galway United 7:45 UCD Terryland Park
    8 Aug 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Finn Harps Tolka Park
    9 Aug 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Derry City St Colman's Park
    10 Aug 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:00 Drogheda United Richmond Park

Cork-Bohs is a biggie. I'd say that, with a little luck, we can make it 19 unbeaten.
    Where is ONYD with this week's instalment of his inadvisedly over-confident predictions series? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sporting Frachise vs Dundalk @ morton friday night

Biggest game of the year for dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Wexford Youths - Shelbourne

Praying for a draw (I think) in Morton, and for Shels to hockey Wexford. Likely outcome, nil points. :(

Wexford Youths - Shelbourne

Praying for a draw (I think) in Morton, and for Shels to hockey Wexford. Likely outcome, nil points. :(

Eins , good to see you back on the forums mate.

I would be very happy with the draw in Morton.

Ah, you can't get rid of a bad thing! :D

Hopefully Limerick can keep up alot of their recent good form and dispatch Waterford in the RSC, Waterford really are quite poor, not sure how they're up where they are!

A draw in Morton is a good result for both teams, trying to figure out whats best for us though! :D

Agree with you about Waterford , they look a very poor side when we played them and also i don't understand why they are up there either. Here is the ironic thing as well Eins , Everything i said above includes Dundalk.

• Advertisement

Ah sure, you could include us in that aswell, and Fingal. We're all dire! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

city will beat the overspenders at the cross tonight. two nil. dave mooney will do the business.

i look forward to booing that judas bastard neal fenn until my throat is sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Re waterford - goal win games.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Are'nt rovers playing sunderland at tolka tomorrow? Are tickets available at gate? How much for student/adult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohs will settle for a draw.

We need to come out of the blocks and keep it at a high tempo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Are'nt rovers playing sunderland at tolka tomorrow? Are tickets available at gate? How much for student/adult?

Tickets are:

35 quid (adult) /25 quid (students)

This gets you into the game V Finn Harps tonight as well.

You can get them at the club office. Ring (+353) 1 460-5948 or go to club site.

There may be a limited amount of 20 quid tickets (for the Sunderland game only) available for Rovers fans at the game tonight. Admission tonight is 15 quid, so it works out the same.

Rovers to put two past Finn Harps tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Harps to put three past Rovers tonight.

Reckon Dessie will start tonight for Dundalk against Fingal. And reckon he could score too. You heard it here first. Dundalk to win 2-1 with Dessie to score 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Bohs will settle for a draw.

We have no centre-halves available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

YES!!!! We robbed them, sweet. Healy should have walked for the 2 footed lunge on Joxer but the goal made up for it.

:pac:
    Great take for the goal. Classic Crowe -- so like his peach against Rovers earlier this season -- though this lot will probably call that luck too. :D

We were completely shell-shocked first half and it took pure pig iron to survive. Second half we were much better, played it on the ground a bit and showed them that, for all their Turner's X swagger, they ain't so clever.

Rossi, O. Heary, Crowe, Fenn, Brennan, Murph... something special about this squad. :D

Sporting Franchise 0 - 0 Dundalk.

Wasnt at the game tonight :( cant comment , but if you had of offered me a draw before the game then i would of taken it.

Great win for Shelbourne tonight, the underperforming players were dropped and the players bust a gut for the shirt. Hattrick for McAllister, which was great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

bohsman wrote: »
    YES!!!! We robbed them, sweet. Healy should have walked for the 2 footed lunge on Joxer but the goal made up for it.

What an absolute sickener of a result, robbed us is right :(

"nuttsy" was a disgrace was on the pitch shouting at the referee that healy should be sent off.. a manager should never do that..

anyway...

bohbourne came down with a gameplan, executed it and got all three points, so fair play

city dominated the game, but created **** all chances

it annoys me that shels.. sorry "bohs".. can come down and do that, but still, we werent good enough to defeat a poor team, so we only have ourselves to blame..

best of luck to shelhemians, i hope a bought league title feels as sweet as one that is fairly won without 95% of turnover spent on wages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The league isn't over yet !

Good win for Finn Harps last night, I didnt see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

We have the league in bag now.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SectionF wrote: »

something special about this sqaud. :D

Shelbourne in disguise tbh, right down to that manager of yours. Thing was, I had respect for Shels, to some degree. The behaviour of the traveling dubs last night left alot to desire.

Re the game, We were by far the better team, but Bohs took their chance so fair play. I agree with above, Healy should have walked for the "tackle". It was s sucker punch which I saw coming. We should have had the game won in the first half, but it was not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

This apparently "bad" Waterford United stuck 3 past Limerick. Great passing, great play and most of all brilliant finishing by David Grincell.

Second in the league and Waterford have scored more goals then any other side along with Dundalk. Doing something right.

Mike.

gimmick wrote: »
    Shelbourne in disguise tbh, right down to that manager of yours. Thing was, I had respect for Shels, to some degree. The behaviour of the traveling dubs last night left alot to desire.

Re the game, We were by far the better team, but Bohs took their chance so fair play. I agree with above, Healy should have walked for the "tackle". It was s sucker punch which I saw coming. We should have had the game won in the first half, but it was not to be.
    Bitter, bitter, bitter... Only one of the people I mentioned is a Shels original, and he grew up supporting Bohs.
    Healy should be punished for that atrocious assault on Joxer. If further action can't be taken against a thug like that, the rulebook should be reviewed.

SectionF wrote: »
    Bitter, bitter, bitter... Only one of the people I mentioned is a Shels original, and he grew up supporting Bohs.
    Healy should be punished for that atrocious assault on Joxer. If further action can't be taken against a thug like that, the rulebook should be reviewed.

ha ha ha.. assault.. good man.. i thought he got some of the ball myself.

Not bitter in the slightest. But no matter what I say to the dubs n this board these days, it is construed as being bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

As soon as the half time whistle went I was worried. Total dominance was not reflected on the scoreline.

Playing into the St. Annes end means that City can get away with some of the intensity that wouldnt get if they were playing into the Shed end.

Behan and Murphy were far less afective 2nd half and Bohs took the sting out of the game. I think matthews should have made early substitutions. At 55 mins we were just ploddding along. Bring on JOF and Dudfield then.

Mick Devine was again at fault for the goal. If he is going to come out like that he has to get the ball. The diff between the teams in the end was the quality of each keeper.

We will need to go on another run if we are to have any chance of a final day showdown.

• Advertisement

Not bitter in the slightest. But no matter what I say to the dubs n this board these days, it is construed as being bitter.

Dundalk here , BITTER bitter ale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Im from carlow and I thought it was bitter tbh.

Sarge wrote: »
    Dundalk here , BITTER bitter ale.

Meh, North County Dublin really. Its all The pale to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Roar wrote: »

best of luck to shelhemians, i hope a bought league title feels as sweet as one that is fairly won without 95% of turnover spent on wages...

Will certainly feel sweeter than Corks bought top 5 finish. Bohs Cork Pats and Drogs are all overspending.

Roar wrote: »

Then again, paying wages, along with the rent and the other bills, is the convention and is generally a good idea... From today's E. Herald.
    In the process, it compounded the bad news for the Leesiders, with Alan Mathews' players seeking a meeting with their authorities after this game to ask why they haven't been paid for three weeks.

Those who are in negotiations to sign new contracts, a group that includes Dan Murray, Colin Healy and Liam Kearney, have reason to be concerned about a state of affairs where the club owes money to a number of parties around the city, including the Munster Senior League, from whom they rent Turner's Cross and their kit suppliers Hummel.

It is very worrying alright. Looks like is could be as bad as the Shels situation, or worse again, the CHF situation.

It is now abundantly clear Arkaga have no interest in investing, or spending, and money whatsoever :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Anybody watching the Japan Nigeria game ? Anichebe has just scored a cracker to make it 0 - 2, looks like Japan are out of the comp now.

Speak too soon ??? Awful goal kick allows Japan to come back into it, decent finish across the keeper too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Watching it now.

Should be 3-1

Yeah, anichebe is looking okay, the guy he replaced looks like the real deal mind.

Anichebe looks the business everytime he comes on in a game!

• Advertisement

There is an Olympics soccer thread here somewhere.

Mike.

Thread is called Football this weekend.

Its the weekend
    Theres Football on

CHD wrote: »

Its the weekend
    Theres Football on

I must have missed the Olympic football fixtures in the OP. Could you show me them?

There isnt any there surely you can see that

CHD wrote: »

Its the weekend
    Theres Football on
    Disingenuous. Be careful what you call your threads in future.

Advertisement