Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Randy Orton on SSN

• 07-08-2008 5:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭

said he is medically cleared now, He doesent know if he will be back at Summerslam but he will be backstage and if he feels the need to get come to the ring and get involved with someone to create an angle he will (as ive suggested before i expect him to interrrupt Cena vs Batista).

He looked up to Jake the Snake and obviously his Father Cowboy Bob Orton. His favourite match was against Foley at Backlash and he would like to fight Hogan again who he said with all his "plastic hips" etc he should have beaten.

he ended it "Summerslam ill be there, backstage and maybe ill cause a little trouble"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

said he is medically cleared now, He doesent know if he will be back at Summerslam but he will be backstage and if he feels the need to get come to the ring and get involved with someone to create an angle he will (as ive suggested before i expect him to interrrupt Cena vs Batista).

YOU THINK! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He was on talking about Summerslam, and answering people's emails etc...

Did anyone see it and what did they think?

He wasn't in character (perhaps obviously) but he was relaxed and easy going. It's the first time I'd seen him in an out-of-character interview, and i thought he came across really well

Spoiler:
    He also mentioned a possible involvement at SS. Though he obviously wasn't specific as to how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Damn, I forgot about it!:mad: I sent in a question for the laugh but I doubt that they would ask him it. I asked why did he react negatively to the fans when they were showing him respect and applauding him after he broke his collarbone. Don't suppose the read it out eh?:pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    He also mentioned a possible involvement at SS. Though he obviously wasn't specific as to how

Late Slip

Anyway he was more than specific.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Damn, I forgot about it!:mad: I sent in a question for the laugh but I doubt that they would ask him it. I asked why did he react negatively to the fans when they were showing him respect and applauding him after he broke his collarbone. Don't suppose the read it out eh?:pac:

I supported Orton doing that, I dont want Orton even accidently turning babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow, orton out of character? Was once told that that wasnt a character, lol.

Anyways,.. is this online anywhere?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    YOU THINK! :pac:

for someone who seems to be intelligent and very capable of making some good factualy well supported points its a pity that you so often make posts like this that rub people the wrong way
    LZ5by5 wrote: »

I didnt see the start of the interview but that question wasnt asked although he did touch on how he is better at playing a bad guy when i turned it on doubt it was in relation to him acting up to the crowd after his injury though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah apologies for bein late a couple of mins, I'll take the 'slip' ever so graciously :rolleyes:

i noticed the other thread after I'd posted, but seen as I haven't posted too often I'm not familiar with how to merge threads etc.

And yes he was specific in terms of that he'd be there, he'd be backstage, and he might do something 'dirty'...what I meant was where he would interfere wasn't specific, but he was never going to be, which is why I said 'obviously'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Wow, orton out of character? Was once told that that wasnt a character, lol.

Anyways,.. is this online anywhere?

when i met him about 4 years ago he was a really nice guy in person, letting everyone get photos etc same with cena, can't say the same for a few other though

SlickRic wrote: »
    And yes he was specific in terms of that he'd be there, he'd be backstage, and he might do something 'dirty'

**** in a diva's bag again?

• Advertisement

for someone who seems to be intelligent and very capable of making some good factualy well supported points its a pity that you so often make posts like this that rub people the wrong way

(note the smiley)

He said it three times or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

destroy a hotel room in honor of his daughter being born!

he kept saying "i dont mean to sound arrogant" etc :D was a good interview tho

DRakE wrote: »
    destroy a hotel room in honor of his daughter being born!

he kept saying "i dont mean to sound arrogant" etc :D was a good interview tho

Anyone here ever listen to the podcast he did with The Sun THAT was aggrogant and great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh no idea what the pac man smiley means, still though your second post makes the point and i agree he did repeatidly say it and it seems clear he is going to have an involvement at SS and as ive said before the only logical one is in the Cena v Batista match cos if it doesent have a clean finish now it can still main-even Mania with the titles on the line.

this should be merged with the other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    I supported Orton doing that, I dont want Orton even accidently turning babyface.

Yeah, ever since SCSA turned face at WM13 (I know it was planned, but it was still up to the fans to make it work) I'm a sap for those kind of face turns. It would have been bad for business, he was and probably is the best heel they've got.

How could they possibly turn Orton face? That makes no sense whatsoever, maybe some point in the future, but i cant see anything like that this side of 'XXV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How could they possibly turn Orton face? That makes no sense whatsoever, maybe some point in the future, but i cant see anything like that this side of 'XXV?

And your point being??..Nobody said they want Orton to go face

callaway92 wrote: »
    And your point being??..Nobody said they want Orton to go face

I never said that.

All i meant was that i was responding to what some were saying about a fear of the WWE turning ortons character.
    ;)

Advertisement