Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celica ss111

Options
  • 07-08-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Hows it goin all, I've been lookin at loads of different cars the last month or two, I started at lookin at an Integra DC5 Type R but the insurance was sky high, then i looked at a new model celica but i aint all that mad on em, then i thought abour an S2000, insurance aint TOO bad but its still a lot, then i looked an a 99 Toyota Celica SS111, I think its about 200 bhp, jus curious about these coz i don't know all that much about em, any advise would be great: Are they reliable, quick, how are they on juice? Thanks yall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Anyone...!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh the SSIII comes with a yamaha beams engine thats rated at 200bhp, There not that quick though, there more of a car for cruising on long drives rather than a burst of power type car.

There meant to be pretty decent on juice and very reliable, only major issue is with the super strut suspension which wears out and is very expensive to get replaced

draffodx wrote: »
    Yeh the SSIII comes with a yamaha beams engine thats rated at 200bhp, There not that quick though, there more of a car for cruising on long drives rather than a burst of power type car.

There meant to be pretty decent on juice and very reliable, only major issue is with the super strut suspension which wears out and is very expensive to get replaced
    Thanks man, wanna find out as much as i can before i buy, anyone else had any expierence with these???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

hey,
    Newer model vvti has 140bhp, vvtL has 190bhp, had 140bhp for a couple of years , just traded start of year - excellent car in every respect

• Advertisement

Not gone on celicas in general but the yamaha beams unit is peach of an engine. Pretty quick car.

I'm not sure of the mpg but its a performance engine so its probably on the low side for its engine size. You will probably need to drive it like a granny to get above 30mpg. Whats the fun in that though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Hows it goin all, I've been lookin at loads of different cars the last month or two, I started at lookin at an Integra DC5 Type R but the insurance was sky high, then i looked at a new model celica but i aint all that mad on em, then i thought abour an S2000, insurance aint TOO bad but its still a lot, then i looked an a 99 Toyota Celica SS111, I think its about 200 bhp, jus curious about these coz i don't know all that much about em, any advise would be great: Are they reliable, quick, how are they on juice? Thanks yall

the beams engine is among the best ive seen, Can extract Respectable amounts of power for next to nothing ( 5k all round wold get you about 20-30 extra horse power, with traction and a some braking power... )

I personally would steer away from hondas, the integra isa start but a car you Should and will out grow Very quickly,

if it was me,

have you tryed the Gti golf, gti corrolla, gt starlet route ?? the usual cars that Ricers enjoy owning.

S.I.R wrote: »
    the beams engine is among the best ive seen, Can extract Respectable amounts of power for next to nothing ( 5k all round wold get you about 20-30 extra horse power, with traction and a some braking power... )

I personally would steer away from hondas, the integra isa start but a car you Should and will out grow Very quickly,

if it was me,

have you tryed the Gti golf, gti corrolla, gt starlet route ?? the usual cars that Ricers enjoy owning.
    But i want somethin a bit nicer than the starlet, absolutelt hate it, wouldn't be mad on the corrolla or golf, want a coupe of some shape or description

Advertisement