Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 having problems?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

"Ring 1909. There introductory message means it's due to a power failure. Their arcitechture was poor anyway, but trying to reinstate the communicatiosn with the roaming networks has proven difficult due to lack of support from other networks. Thats what I've been told from when I was talking to the CAST department yesterday."

Ahem. Ring 1909. How? :-)

I have rung the landline number twice which is all I can do from outside the State. All they are telling me is that the engineers are working on it. What else can *I* do? There seems little point in ringing them to hear what I already know -it's banjaxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Just as well you have a 3 phone too cul....:)

Walkman wrote: »
    Just as well you have a 3 phone too cul....:)

And a Vodafone
    And a Meteor
    And two 3 UKs
    And one O2 UK
    And an SFR
    And a Bouygtel
    And a Vodafone Espana

and so on. Show-off git, me? Nah........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can never have too many phones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

culabula wrote: »
    Ahem. Ring 1909. How? :-)

I have rung the landline number twice which is all I can do from outside the State. All they are telling me is that the engineers are working on it. What else can *I* do? There seems little point in ringing them to hear what I already know -it's banjaxed.
    On foot of what you said, I rang o2, in relation to problems it is causing me too. I've been told in a roundabout way that the problem is not on the end of o2. it was originally, but now they're awaiting for other tech support teams to reauthenticate.

Basically, my impression from this is that, they're are no tech support teams on the other companies to reauthenticate the connection, to begin roaming again. If the other companies dont call in their tech support teams(it being a sunday and all), it could be tomorrow morning before the problem is resolved.

The problem with the text messaging is mostly fixed now, and after a bit of haggling with the cutomer care rep, i was told that the SMS server which originally took down the network is being replaced now and full services will be up and running today. Of course Roaming is going to be a pain in the ass for another day.

Funnily enough, just as I was writing this thread, got a call on my phone from an english number. Turns out it was one of our cutomers enquiring about what was wrong... lol. Your not the only one culabula :D

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You can never have too many phones. :)

Give that man a beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Texts wouldnt send to Meteor user yesterday, other networks were fine.

I blame the weather.....

Seriously though, they have had service interruption at the weekend maybe 5 times in a year now. Not on.

nevf wrote: »
    On foot of what you said, I rang o2, in relation to problems it is causing me too. I've been told in a roundabout way that the problem is not on the end of o2. it was originally, but now they're awaiting for other tech support teams to reauthenticate.

Basically, my impression from this is that, they're are no tech support teams on the other companies to reauthenticate the connection, to begin roaming again. If the other companies dont call in their tech support teams(it being a sunday and all), it could be tomorrow morning before the problem is resolved.

The problem with the text messaging is mostly fixed now, and after a bit of haggling with the cutomer care rep, i was told that the SMS server which originally took down the network is being replaced now and full services will be up and running today. Of course Roaming is going to be a pain in the ass for another day.

Funnily enough, just as I was writing this thread, got a call on my phone from an english number. Turns out it was one of our cutomers enquiring about what was wrong... lol. Your not the only one culabula :D

Thanks for that and from what I can see from this thread, clearly, I'm not alone.

However, this has been ongoing since lunchtime on Thursday, not just Saturday or Sunday and if I understand correctly roaming agreements equals cash for the various companies involved. One would imagine it is in the interest of everyone concerned to get their fingers out.

Following an (umpteenth) reboot, it is now on O2-UK for the first time in four days and I was able to make a call using it. I wonder if it will remain in situ.

One is reluctant to believe that we are once more 'back for good' in the immortal words of Take That, a beat combo sans beat, but in the past 60 minutes we have not just rocked but indeed, rolled.

Hooray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

I'm in London, have it locked to O2-UK, can make calls but can't receive any yet.

My Speakeasy is live again too.

Am able to call my contract O2 normally from two UK handsets here in Belfast but have just been told by a Dublin-based O2 sub that he (still) couldn't get through to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Making / receiving calls on O2 UK working on prepay at the moment.
    Recieving texts working.
    Sending texts not working.

random wrote: »
    Making / receiving calls on O2 UK working on prepay at the moment.
    Recieving texts working.
    Sending texts not working.

Concur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

On O2 pay monthly roaming in the UK, still can't send any texts.

I wouldn't really mind the outage so much if it was a bit easier to find info on it... I tried their website - zilch, then their support number out of hours on Friday and got a few beeps.. wonderful..

edit: oh there's a little message stuck away in their forums acknowledging it, well that's just awesome :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Guys its a BT issue Honestly , Thats the the bottom line of it and not a fob off.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Does the fact that it's a BT issue imply that roaming in the US will be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Just at the airport now headin to NY, any idea if roaming is back up and running or can I expect to be without my phone?

Cheers for any info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just at the airport now headin to NY, any idea if roaming is back up and running or can I expect to be without my phone?

Cheers for any info!
    fullerand wrote: »
    Does the fact that it's a BT issue imply that roaming in the US will be ok?
    My sister is in NY now and her O2 phone stopped working. So looks like the problem is over there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Cheers for any info!
    I cant speak for the States but I was in Canada and my phone was having problems on the Rogers network. After a week and a half with no problems during the last 2 days I couldnt send txts and I was only able to make one call before I left. You might be lucky and find everything works by the time you get there, but I wouldnt depend on being able to make calls when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Roaming in NY is workin fine thankfully! Perfect since I got here on AT&T!

Roaming in NY is workin fine thankfully! Perfect since I got here on AT&T!

Yes, it would appear to be back. MT calls were still a no-no late last night but everything seems to be working now with the exception (as of 5 mins ago) of MO-SMS.

Advertisement