Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Headlights

Options
  • 07-08-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a pair of after market headlights for an E39 BMW. The lights are the Angel Eye model with a Xenon kit installed.

The problem is when the lights are installed I can't seem to get the in-car controls to match what the lights do, for example, inside the lights are turned to half beams yet the full beams come on.

Anyone know what could be wrong or recommend a good auto electrician in the Cork area?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Sounds strange, are you sure you havent crossed any of the wires or anything?

Did you go for the Hella OEM ones or the ebay type?

Should be lots of info on this if you do a google as a lottle of people with original look e39's have upgraded to the angel eye xenon versions. I was looking into it myself, never read anything about your problem though.

Maybe try your question at http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/ you should get a good knowledgable response there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Went for the eBay type. Finally got it sorted today. Simple case of not wiring it correctly the first time. Works well now, definitely worth it :)

Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement