Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agha Khan Team Announced!!

Options
  • 07-08-2008 7:07pm

07/08/08 HORSE Sport Ireland Team Manager Robert Splaine this afternoon (Thursday) named the Irish team that will compete in tomorrow's crucial Aga Khan competition at the Failte Ireland Dublin Horse Show.

The Irish, who are drawn last to jump of eight teams, will line out in the following order:

Denis Lynch: Nabab's Son
    Jessica Kurten: Castle Forbes Libertina
    Eddie Macken: First Tedechine Sept
    Cian O'Connor; Rancorrado

Splaine said: "This is the last round of the Samsung Super League before the Barcelona Final, and of course it is vital that we produce the best possible result. But I believe we have assembled for Dublin one of the strongest teams Ireland has fielded in this 2008 series, and I am expecting a performance that will do us all proud."

Ireland currently lies seventh of the world's best eight teams who make up the Super League, but Sweden, currently in the relegation spot, are only five points behind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Looking forward to it... Heading up to Dublin again in a few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

How I would love to take the afternoon off and either watch or go to this.

Next year.... definitely next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Damn wish I was there!!!

The Agha Khan is always so exciting to watch, anyone know how we are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

How come Denis Lynch is jumping with no Tricolour on his helmet?
    It looks like it was pulled or fell off.
    If it fell off it does not say much for the standards of the helmet manufacturer.

That said he's jumping well.

He is. Two good rounds from him there.

• Advertisement

Am stuck in work...

How are we doing?

Am stuck in work...

How are we doing?

me too
    someone please peel yourselves from the tv and let us poor hardworking souls know! :D

Eh two 1 fault rounds from Denis Lynch.
    A 4
    14 from Eddie Macken
    7 from Cian O connor

Only 1 rider gone so far in second round

Peter Charles has done two lovely clear rounds for Britain. Its a shame hes not jumping for us anymore. I always liked his style of riding.

I'm in work too, so dont know the exact status (just peeking in ;)). Think we rank third or fourth atm, and doubt that will improve much with those first round scores.

fits wrote: »
    Peter Charles has done two lovely clear rounds for Britain. Its a shame hes not jumping for us anymore. I always liked his style of riding.

Peter Charles is amazing, he always gave his rosette out to the crowd after too, very nice man.

Didn't he have some falling out with the irish so he now jumps for britain? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhoodle 4th aint bad, but keep pushing it lads! (and lassie)

• Advertisement

is there a website where they are being reported?

nope. The only option is to stream it from rte.ie.

we're third at the moment, just got a confirmation text from a mate at the show

Nope we're fourth.

Eddie Macken is jumping right now.

Yeay!

Eddie just jumped clear with 2 time faults. Big grin on him! :D

good stuff, keep it up now the rest of you!

Just back... Well done Team GB who won, and well done Ireland who came second! We've moved up the Superleague leaderboard a bit now... Cian didn't have a great day at all, he was going clear and at the final fence (which was the final element of a treble combination) his horse threw in a dirty stop... I'm sure Cian was well and truly p*ssed off with that! He ended up retiring in the second round as well... Was great to see Eddie Macken back in action though!

Alibear wrote: »
    Just back... Well done Team GB who won, and well done Ireland who came second! We've moved up the Superleague leaderboard a bit now... Cian didn't have a great day at all, he was going clear and at the final fence (which was the final element of a treble combination) his horse threw in a dirty stop... I'm sure Cian was well and truly p*ssed off with that! He ended up retiring in the second round as well... Was great to see Eddie Macken back in action though!

I didnt think it was a dirty stop. The horse looked to be wrong at the fence to me.

Advertisement