Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who would you prefer to be?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

pathway33 wrote: »
    too right but more than that time is killing me. i can't believe i still have to wait another 9 days 15 hours and 22 minutes

Surely by the points on the 13th you should be able to make a fairly accurate estimate on whether or not you got in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Wait. I completely misread it the first time around. I didn't think the friend got the course, but on re-reading I would like to reiterate my wish to be the friend. As long as I got the course, my points total wouldn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Jakkass wrote: »
    Surely by the points on the 13th you should be able to make a fairly accurate estimate on whether or not you got in?

don't want to count my chickens.....fairly never won a race :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 florencexxx

Deffo the friend. =] Don't give a **** about my results, tbh, I just want my course! I mean no one cares what you got in the LC once you go to college. It's the course that matters.

=[
    Having said all that I'm sure I won't get my no1.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

True story:*

Shaking like Mohammad Ali, you wait anxiously as one by one your classmates are called into your principal's office. After a pants-wettingly agonising 15 minute wait it's finally your turn. You shuffle in, resigned to the fact that the results in that manilla envelope can and will not change. You sit down, holding out your shaking hand in the hope that you can just get the envelope and leave. Your principal however, has other ideas. You watch in horror as he begins to open the elvelope, his face falling as his eyes scan your results. Oh no. 'Ohh, not sure that what you wanted' he says,grimacing as he hands you your results. You scan the page, hoping that perhaps maybe he's just having some sort of sick laugh at your expense. 350 points. You needed 400. Your dreams, shattered in an instant.

*True in that that is actually what my principal did to some guy one year. I'm pissed, i just wanted to get the envelope and leave. Made the rest up because work is so, so, soooo boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

pathway33 wrote: »
    Who would you prefer to be. You or your friend. you decide.

Me. Cas I have nicer clothes. TBH I wasnt bothered reading that whole passage. Far to long for the Leaving Cert forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭anonymousman

What is wrong wit you people? this is the funniest story I ever read especially the big sister part cos I remember seeing courses that I thought were cool when my sister was doing her leaving and I couldn't stop laughing at the YZ600. :D:pac::D

Advertisement