Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bachelor Inn

Options
  • 07-08-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Anytime I've passed The Bachelor Inn recently, it's been closed.

Has it officially shut down?? Please someone say it ain't so!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

It has been bought by the Fitzgerald group. In my experience, going by the other pubs they bought, it will not be the same on re-opening. They tend to change the client base. A great pity. One of the good old style pubs that were left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

boneless wrote: »
    It has been bought by the Fitzgerald group. In my experience, going by the other pubs they bought, it will not be the same on re-opening. They tend to change the client base. A great pity. One of the good old style pubs that were left.

In other words it will change into an overpriced wankhole.
    Soon there'll be nowhere left that isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:mad: FFS. Is nothing sacred anymore. The Quill is gone, Conways is gone, now The Bachelor Inn (amongst others I'm sure).. All I see going up in place of these havens is bloody spars and centras!

I drink to the memory of the local pub.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

'Tis a pity alright. But and here is the but. Although I've been in the Bach. I Haven't been in it at anytime of the day nor night for at least 4years. So who killed cock robbin? We all did that liked it and didn't patron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The only reason I hadn't been in it in a year or so was purely logistical, but I take the point Humberklog...

• Advertisement
Advertisement