Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comparing Timberframe Quotations

• 07-08-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭

I have quotations from half a dozen or so TF manufacturers, but it's a nightmare trying to compare them. Is there an independent organisation/person who could do this for a fee?

Failing that, is there a basic list I should follow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

isolate supply costs from install costs . ( best to ask supplier to install )

is scafolding and / or craneage included or excluded from the quotes

look for deeper studs at fewer spacings - eg 200 studs at 600 c/c is better than 150 studs at 400 spacings - reason - deeper cavity to locate insulation in and less thermal bridging

look for a breathable outer skin on the frames

look for a multi directional breather membrane to the inner frame surface ( Intello or Siga )

look for an inner services cavity to run pipes and cables in - do not allow them to be routed with the main wall frame

look for factory fitted insulation - PIR type

look for installer to provide a water tight install - i.e. they do not leave the site without the entire job wrapped ( all tears repaired ) in a breather membarne - including rafters membraned and battened - and all fire barriers securely affixed

look for structural certification from a profesional engineer

draw up a graph with each item enterted accross the page and each qoute listed down the page . tick off the boxes and see who scores best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

Thats good info for comparing quotes thanks

Advertisement