Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove High Gloss from Concrete Slabs

Options
  • 07-08-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

My lovely little son splashed some white high gloss paint on my concrete patio slabs. Is there any solution to getting it off?

I don't mind how rough a chemical I have to use as the slabs are old. I just want to remove the white paint.

Thanks.

GF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Nitromors? Look for paint strippers in the hardware shop. Be sure to buy appropriate protection.

It might have been absorbed into the concrete though, if they were very dry (unlikely in this weather).

A power washer might help too, if you have one already.

Be careful. Nitromors doesn't mix well with kids, even less well than gloss paint.

antoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Caustic soda (drain cleaner) and a nylon pot scrubber.

Use extreme protection for yourself i.e goggles, rubber gloves, nylon raingear (top & bottom). Caustic soda dissolves anything organic i.e you, child, cat, dog etc. This is the best method to remove paint off anything but be very very careful and use copious amounts of water to wash away (dont power wash due to splashing).

Add appropriate amount of caustic to water to plastic container (basin?) Dont add water to Caustic. Spread solution on paint area and leave for appropriate period to allow the Caustic to dissolve the paint. Gently rub the brush over the affected area (minimise splashes). You may have to repeat this process several times to completely remove all traces of paint. Flush with gallons of water to remove all traces of the Caustic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grungefreak1

Thanks.

GF

Advertisement