Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Malfunction Indicator - Almera Petrol

Options
  • 07-08-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's a usual cause when the "Malfunction Indicator" light appears beside the speedo?

It's an 01 Nissan Almera, just wondering if it's something small before paying to get it checked out.

https://www.deq.virginia.gov/mobile/images/mil2_001.jpg

The icon is the same as the bottom right in the pic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

could be lots of things. most common reason I've seen it for is camshaft position sensor, or stretched timing chain. could be anything though. bring it for a diagnostic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

colm_mcm wrote: »
    could be lots of things. most common reason I've seen it for is camshaft position sensor, or stretched timing chain. could be anything though. bring it for a diagnostic.

Will do nice one, any idea what a diagnostic should cost? Should I bring it to Nissan or a general mechanic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

was posted on here before about a nissan recall on those almeras. something about faulty seals iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

After reading a similar thread I got quite concerned about my 01 Almera. There was indeed a large re-call a few years ago about some sort of engine sensor that would cause the car to stop and not start again. Thankfully it was extremely easy to check if this has been repaired on my car. I phoned the local Nissan dealer who would have done the work and gave them the chassis number and they were able to tell me the work had been done.

I'd suggest you do the same to rule out that issue and also get the warning light thing checked too. I don't know if the two are connected though.

PS: let us know how much it cost to get checked out. Would be useful to know for future reference.

Advertisement