Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung omnia (i900)

• 07-08-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

anyone heard of it?
    i've found loads of reviews of it online but thats it.
    it should be on sale but i cant find it anywhere? even online like?
    any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

anyone heard of it?

yes

ditto

Not released yet.

try this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Patience-Enjoy-Happiness-Success/dp/0767914864/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218156328&sr=1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

aliqueenb wrote: »
    anyone heard of it?

its on ebay for around 560 :eek:

id be getting a touch diamond instead i think

if only the omnia had a 640*480 screen :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Does anybody know when this phone will be available in Irish Stores?

I was going to buy the Tocco but it has no Wi-Fi feature and my brother who has a N95 says the Wi-Fi feature is class so if the release date is in the next few months I will hold off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

urgggh doesnt give prices yet though, is it worth waiting for like or should i just go for the tocco.

omg i sound like a stalker now but lol clicked on your bebo link and my 2nd cousin is a friend of yours i see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

If i had the money i'd go for this phone ! The Tocco does not have wifi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Expansys uk have the 8GB models available at £559.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Expansys uk have the 8GB models available at £559.
    but whats that in euros ?? i wonder who will be supplying it over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I was thinking about getting a Tocco as most of the reviews were good, but then I read reviews of people who actually had the phone that changed my mind. Text messages impossible to write, can't hear people when you call them. Sounds like a pretty useless phone.

• Advertisement

just a thought. apart from how the iphone in ireland has the crappest tarrifs like ever. if they both had good normal tarrifs, which would most ye choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

just a thought. apart from how the iphone in ireland has the crappest tarrifs like ever. if they both had good normal tarrifs, which would most ye choose?

You STILL looking for a phone? :-)

Get an unlocked iPhone in Italy on PAYG and stick a 3 SIM in it!

The Tocco is hideous......

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

The Tocco is a nice phone, very small and neat. Good camera. No problem with making calls etc on it for me. Texting is fine, just like a normal t9. Slightly slower then using buttons but not by much when you get used to it. Really miss that it has no wi fi tho.

Rags wrote: »
    The Tocco is a nice phone, very small and neat. Good camera. No problem with making calls etc on it for me. Texting is fine, just like a normal t9. Slightly slower then using buttons but not by much when you get used to it. Really miss that it has no wi fi tho.

Worst web browser of all time......wifi or nay.

Never use the inbuilt browsers on any phone, usually all dirt. Only use opera mini myself.

Never use the inbuilt browsers on any phone, usually all dirt. Only use opera mini myself.

Not Safari on the iPhone (or iPod Touch).

True, one of the best browsers next to opera 9.5 on windows mobile. But Tocco is very small and has a great camera thats its advantage over the iphone. Iphone is better in probably every other regard.

True, one of the best browsers next to opera 9.5 on windows mobile. But Tocco is very small and has a great camera thats its advantage over the iphone. Iphone is better in probably every other regard.

Must say, it annoyed the bejaysus out of me. Widgets n' stuff all over the system screen for no apparent reason, multiple APNs a nightmare to configure and to set for use, sound quality very poor -oh and I forget all the other things too. It went back after 12 days. What was good though was the day I used it as a BT modem in Dundalk station -managed to get speeds approaching 7+ (on O2 Ireland). But for the most part, it felt like nothing but a toy. All in my humble opinion, of course.

i heard though if the iphone ever automatically updates itself and you have it unblocked it like makes the phone break!???

• Advertisement

i heard though if the iphone ever automatically updates itself and you have it unblocked it like makes the phone break!???

I think you heard something like that like.

If you have "jailbroken" your locked iPhone and you then allow subsequent updates from Apple, you may find that the phone is once more locked. Like. :-)

That's all. In these days of the App Store, there is really no need any more to have it jailbroken.

However, if you buy one on PAYG in Italy, where it cannot be locked by law, none of the above applies. Official updates will not lock it.

sounds ok but then like the omnia has gps and wifi and 16gb memory and 5mp camera, lighter than the iphone...is more expensive though

seen you were making fun of me there with the extra like. SORRY!

seen you were making fun of me there with the extra like. SORRY!

Only slightly! :-)

Have you checked out the Nokia 6124 and 6220?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where i'd get a HTC Touch Diamond in Dublin. Had a bad expereience with ebay and Xpansys is to pricey....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Does anyone know if Samsumg have a cover for the Omnia similar to the Tocco one?

I do have the clear film thing but it's not on yet.. rather get it done professionally instead of me doing it myself..

I've called Samsung and they gave me a site that appears to be offline.

The site was MobileSun.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Does anybody know when this is getting released in Ireland? Will all the networks have it similar to the Tocco?

Is this better than the Iphone? As I was thinking of getting the Iphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

As for Omnia prices, they were being demoed in fnac here in Barcelona yesterday - they go for E699 sim-free :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

€479 sim-free in France

A lot of great reviews from testers and a lot of bad reviews from owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Vodafone will be releasing it November, though no exact date or 100% confirmation on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

themoney wrote: »
    Does anybody know when this phone will be available in Irish Stores?

I was going to buy the Tocco but it has no Wi-Fi feature and my brother who has a N95 says the Wi-Fi feature is class so if the release date is in the next few months I will hold off.
    anyone heard of it?

I have the Tocco and my boyfriend has the Omnia i900. Both are really good phones.. i900 has no cover, anyone know where he can get one? Like the Tocco's one or very similar.. not the clear screen protectors..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055386358

Also the wi-fi feature is a bit weird.. he's not complately tried sort it yet tho' .. he has it about 3 or 4 weeks.

Advertisement