Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin

• 07-08-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Gonna be in dublin for a month or two shortly and was wondering if anyone knew any nice restuaraunts up there to try out. Will be staying around st stephens green so anything not too far away from that would be good. Like italian, chinese and mexican. Willing to try others.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Have a read of the 'restaurant guide' sticky for some ideas to start with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Tigerforest - there are oddles of restaurants round there.....wagamama on south king street, good few dotted around all those little streets between grafton street and georges street - then georges st itself has a few (tapas bar, noodle place, bistro 66 and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head) and you are not to far from Temple Bar either which has couple of decent places...

In the other direction head out towards merrion row, baggot street, few fairly nice places along there as well.

Have fun exploring and eating.......I would however avoid the following:

Moroccan Place (not sure of name) at the back of Brown Thomas - I've never heard a good story about the place and I've heard a few storys!!

Mexico to Rome in Temple Bar (or similar name) - very very standard, uninspiring, boring food. Nothing wrong with it per se but having eaten there once, would never be tempted to return.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

spaceylou wrote: »

Moroccan Place (not sure of name) at the back of Brown Thomas - I've never heard a good story about the place and I've heard a few storys!!

Do you mean El Bahia? It is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in and I have been there a lot. It can be a little pricey, but it is extremely good food and tasty.

Hugo's, just off Stephen's Green on Baggot St is a very good French restaurant, towards the mid - high price range.

George's Wine Bar on South Frederick St has a really excellent lunch special, I think it's €13 for 2 courses with tea/coffee, really good food too.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Do you mean El Bahia? It is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in and I have been there a lot. It can be a little pricey, but it is extremely good food and tasty.

yeah that is the one I meant. I was in there before and omg they were just so rude!! I asked about the possibility of having a particular dish without tomatoes (I'm allergic to them) and the waiter just laid into me about not messing with the food and generally being nasty, my bf at the time had to tell him to leave me alone he was so bad so I had the most bland couscous dish I have ever eaten in my life and this was as it was meant to be, as on the menu!!

And another time a few of my friends were there for someone's birthday (thank god I didn't know the birthday girl so wasn't invited) and they found the food only mediocre and the again the staff rude, unhelpful and generally nasty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Weird, whenever I have been there, both as a couple and in a big group, they could not have been more helpful or polite.

• Advertisement

Guess they didn't like the look of me or something... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It might have been your ''Moroccons Eat Sh*t and Die!!!!!'' T-Shirt you were wearing :pac:

haha - yeah that must have been it windsock.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

www.menupages.ie provides reviews - both good and bad, I'd recomend you search Dublin 2 area if you want to stay local to your hotel.

Advertisement