Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top up Grant

• 07-08-2008 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I'm just enquiring into wheather anybody knows, if you are entitled to a top up grant, does this automatically get paid out to you or do you need to apply for this seperately from normal grant. e.g. I'm after re-applying for maintanence grant but never said i'd like to be considered for top up although i think i may be entitled to it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

As far as I know and I could be wrong so people feel free to correct me but if you are independent mature student being assessed on own income (like I am) you only get the top up if you were on the dole or receiving other social welfare benefits before coming to college. The fact that you are currently penniless having given up your lousey job with lousey pay to "better yourself" is apparently totally irrelevant!!

If you are being assessed on your parents/guardians income then they have to be in receipt of some kind of social welfare payment, be it widow(er)s allowance, the dole, disability benefit etc etc etc.

Either way when you submit your form they calculate it automatically so you don't have to fill in extra forms or anything.

If your circumstances have changed from one year to the next then I guess you probably need to get another form and fill it in, but I'd ring your local authority to check first.

Advertisement