Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't really need this, but......YPVS.....

• 08-08-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭

:)....you have to admit.......it's cool....always wanted one, but never got around to it. Lovely and comfy to sit on, compared to modern sports stuff (there was a ZX-10 in there too, and it was awful to sit on...)

60997.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lovely bikes.

I had one or two myself back in the day, I'd also got the LC for awhile.

I rode an RD500YPVS for awhile too, that thing went and sounded animal.

Best of luck with it, keep it standard and you won't get any problems with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nice, lovely machines

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

Ahh, the Widowmaker. My first "big" bike. Fond memorys of that one especially when the powervalve kicked in and the front wheel went airborne.:D:D

mantaraver wrote: »
    Ahh, the Widowmaker. My first "big" bike. Fond memorys of that one especially when the powervalve kicked in and the front wheel went airborne.:D:D

That was actually more pronounced with the LC.

The YPVS tried to smooth out the power band which the LC had by varying the exhaust timing, thus reducing the power band and the urge to wheelie.

The LC was dead before 6000 rpm then it was like a screaming cat out of hell.

OP, something comes to mind. Its a good idea to lub all steel cables of course, but the short YPVS cables are a whore to snap. Lub them, and if your going to ride it often buy a cable kit for making your own.

Replacing the braking lines with braided lines will do wonders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I have to be honest........I chickened out, and didn't go for it...... :o:o

I took one look around my garage and decided I Have Enough Bikes To Fix, First..........

Still in the shop last time I looked, about 3 weeks ago.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Where/how much?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I think you will find the Kawasaki H2 was refered to as the Widowmaker. A 750 two stroke screamer with a hinge in the middle of the frame ;)

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I think you will find the Kawasaki H2 was refered to as the Widowmaker. A 750 two stroke screamer with a hinge in the middle of the frame ;)

Ah there was a few bikes given that title, I wouldn't stress over it.

I'd a friend who'd a collection of KH Triples, I loved those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

esel wrote: »
    Where
    Biketech - Galway
    esel wrote: »
    how much?

Three grand or make him an offer. I had a look at it and although I had an '81LC 20 years ago and would buy another in the morning, I wouldn't want this particulr powervalve... Buyer beware:rolleyes:

'cptr

Advertisement