Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LISA, ???

Options
  • 08-08-2008 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone please explain why Lisa is being edited from most of the C4 programme's since she Broke 2 fundemental rules of BB , and went unpunished?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Huh?
    Say what now?
    It's all a test I tells ya!!!

You think she's been edited out of the highlights? Elaborate....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think she's being edited, I just think she hasn't done anything of note.

I feel she definitely got off lightly though for trying to escape. People have been punished for far less.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I know , I know ,
    I am still looking for answers , hence this thread.
    Nicole lost her suitcase because she was taken over the divide by Rex.
    Mo and Kat lost theirs because they ate some bananas after crossing the divide.
    Lisa breaks BB property and tries to escape and nothing happens.
    Could it have anything to do with Mario wanting to propose to her on live tv?

Please god no!
    If there is a god, I will never see mario propose.
    It's a bb set-up, Mario got more coverage than anyone else on the various bb programmes and now Lisa gets away with the biggest rule break.
    Alas we'll never find out the reasoning behind it, because no-one will demand ANSWERS!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Nicole wasnt dragged over the fence kicking and screaming she stood up on a chair and then Rex lifted her over. She did have some say init.

Lisa's episode seemed more of a "lost the plot" crazy streak than anything else maybe BB seen she was a bit fragile and took leniency towards her?

• Advertisement

kerash wrote: »
    Please god no!
    If there is a god, I will never see mario propose.
    It's a bb set-up, Mario got more coverage than anyone else on the various bb programmes and now Lisa gets away with the biggest rule break.
    Alas we'll never find out the reasoning behind it, because no-one will demand ANSWERS!!!!!!!!:D

I remember Mario saying that he had intended to propose to Lisa in the house and that BB ruined it by putting him in the wedding task on the first night.
    This is where I could be wrong but I thought I heard Lisa say her and Mario's anniversary was on the night of the final.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

They have to keep her off the screen so that she doesn't send people to sleep when she speaks in her bizarre monotone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

she doesnt do ANYTHING. kind of like Mo,kat rachel etc etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

If Mario gets a chance to publicly propose, will it mean he truly loves Lisa or is it a last desperate attempt to get more tv airtime together with media interest in a potential wedding magazine deals etc.
    Don't think too many will be struggling to answer that one.:rolleyes:

I remember Mario saying that he had intended to propose to Lisa in the house and that BB ruined it by putting him in the wedding task on the first night.
    This is where I could be wrong but I thought I heard Lisa say her and Mario's anniversary was on the night of the final.:confused:

Yep, I heard her say it, to Stu iirc. 5th Sept right?
    What ya think of Lisas dancing tonight!:eek: Horrifying! a few drinks and she's like the tazmanian devil:p

• Advertisement

Yeah she learned to dance at the international school of no co-ordination. Boy does she think she's soooo sexy!:rolleyes:

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah she learned to dance at the international school of no co-ordination. Boy does she think she's soooo sexy!:rolleyes:
    Was it not " THE FACILLATORS SCHOOL OF ROBOTICS "icon_204.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

[quote=sharpshooterH;56829242]... Mo and Kat lost theirs because they ate some bananas after crossing the divide. [/quote]

Sorry now, but who in the name of Nadia and Nasty Nick is "Mo"??? :confused:

Not trying to be belligerent, or anything - I watch the show fairly regularly but I can't think who this "Mo" is.. :(

I'm thinking it's one of the females but I reckon it isn't! Wait a sec..! Something just came to me (yep, all the lights in me braineo switched on!) - is "Mo" that fella MOHAMMED??!! Wow, I answered my own question - one nice, shiny gold star for me. :rolleyes:

Mohammed is that afro-sporting bloke who magically slurps up ALL OF THE FOOD like that hoover-type character in the Teletubbies' house before?! Well, from one group of slow-paced losers to another!! Hee, hee. :p

I honestly don't believe that Lisa has been purposely edited (and given less screen time) than the other housemates - even if Mario was planning to propose to her on the telly. Shur, what sense would it make to have less of her shown as a relevant form of punishment? When they usually punish housemates, they always let them know exactly what their punishment is; so how would Lisa even know she's being punished then?? That's a bit futile..

I think Lisa has just quietened down since Mario's departure and is keeping to herself more. I spotted her several times in the background cleaning and what-not while the cameras were focused on one of the other housemates in the foreground. She just looked serenely content cleaning away.. If I had gone into that house with my spouse, I'd be far more outspoken and louder. You always feel more confident around strangers when you have someone you know by your side.

Lisa's coping very well without him, though. I think she needed to be 'left on her own' to allow herself to be more of an individual in her own right - if only for truly benefitting personally from the BB experience. All of her BB 'allies' have been f€cked outta the house now, like: Luke and Rebecca at least.

Jaysus, that Welsh one (Rachel?) is a pain in the hole to watch/hear. Well, to me anyway. Even when she's sat there doing fruity F [_] c k all, I find her annoying, with her 'lost Collie dog puppy' look and a frown like Dot-Cotton-with-a-bladder-complaint. And then she opens her gob and starts speaking like a cross between Little Britain's 'Dafyyd' ('The Only Gay In The Village') and Charlotte Church. Mother of Lazarus! :rolleyes:

I think Sara will win, by the way. Well, it'll be a showdown between her, Kathreya, and albino Darnell... Methinks.. ;)

But I thought it was so sweet when they were reading out letters from home the other night, and they moved on to Mario's letter to Lisa. One lovely thing he said was, "At night when we're asleep, our souls unite (or "meet"? :confused:)". Something along those lines anyway. I'm not a sentimentality junkie, but that was very touching. :)

I'm sure Mario's a lovely bloke and all, but I've always thought he looks like a shark. He really reminds me of a shark - I think it's the way his head is stuck on to his muscular body. Like, if a shark could walk upright and it also went on a sunbed, it'd look like Mario. :D

That was funny-you're a mentalist! Yeah yeah! Mario looks like a shark. Ps Sara won't win. Entertaining yes-but not winning material. Rachel will prob win. A travesty of justice like Cameron was. A nice girl I suppose but I so preferred her in the tape. Too much like one of my son's teachers professionally or something. I can't put my finger on it.

LCDeelite.:)
    You missed out on the main point of me starting the thread.
    Lisa was not punished in any way for breaking 2 fundemental rules of BB.
    I only want to know WHY?.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

LCDeelite wrote: »
    [quote=sharpshooterH;56829242]... Mo and Kat lost theirs because they ate some bananas after crossing the divide.
    Shur, what sense would it make to have less of her shown as a relevant form of punishment? When they usually punish housemates, they always let them know exactly what their punishment is; so how would Lisa even know she's being punished then?? That's a bit futile..

I messed up the qoute there sorry....
    anywho...I think what people are getting at is that the less airtime a housemate gets the less of their annoying habits we see, or the less of them giving out we see, etc. If you hardly see someone at all, but then are shown a lot of negative points about another housemate, then you'd be more likely to vote that person out, because the other has done nothing to bug you so why would you delibrately vote them out when someone else who's up for eviction has been p***ing you off no end!

But, I do like Lisa, I just think she totally flipped after her argument with Rex (the a-hole...really hate him) and didn't think through leaving. Still, I was so shocked she wasn't punished, I'm glad she wasn't though, I felt sorry for her. She was only standing up to Rex when everyone else was too intimidated to. I think she may have just quietened down a lot too without Mario there.

Ann22 wrote: »
    That was funny-you're a mentalist! Yeah yeah! Mario looks like a shark. Ps Sara won't win. Entertaining yes-but not winning material. Rachel will prob win. A travesty of justice like Cameron was. A nice girl I suppose but I so preferred her in the tape. Too much like one of my son's teachers professionally or something. I can't put my finger on it.
    +1

Really don't think Sara will win. I like her, she's grand, but I wouldn't be mad about her, she neither annoys anyone or thrills anyone. Although I do love the time where Rex and Sara were in the garden and Rex was blabbing on about his restaurants or something equally as boring, I do remember he was boasting anyway and I think he must have been saying someting about Champagne, because Sara just goes out of nowhere..."D'Ya know what I like?? WooWoo's!!" It was hilarious...in her thick Australian accent!
    But yeah, I'd love Dale, Lisa or Rachel to win. But mostly Lisa or Rachel, as Dale is starting to pee me off as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

KateF wrote: »
    But yeah, I'd love Dale, Lisa or Rachel to win. But mostly Lisa or Rachel, as Dale is starting to pee me off as of late.

I don't think Dale has much of a chance to be honest. ;)

I don't think Dale has much of a chance to be honest. ;)
    Did not want to be the one to break the bad news,
    and NO offence to KateF but MNG you made me [URL="javascript:smilie(':roll:')"]icon_204.gif[/URL][URL="javascript:smilie(':roll:')"]icon_204.gif[/URL][URL="javascript:smilie(':roll:')"]icon_204.gif[/URL].
    Again , KateF , no offence meant towards you at all.
    He just made me [URL="javascript:smilie(':roll:')"]icon_204.gif[/URL].:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

LCDeelite.:) You missed out on the main point of me starting the thread.
    Lisa was not punished in any way for breaking 2 fundemental rules of BB.
    I only want to know WHY?.:)

No, I did not miss out on the underlying point of you starting this thread. It was my assumption from reading others' posts that she was being featured less and less in the highlights show (thanks to the BB producers) due to Mario's intended on-air marriage proposal to her. I never once said that it was you who had suggested that she was being punished.

My own reason why Lisa doesn't seem to be given as much airtime as before (which was also implied by you to begin with), was outlined in my response: she's become quiet since Mario, Rebecca, and Luke were evicted, she tends to keep to herself anyway, etc.

That was my own effort at giving you feedback on what you had queried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

LCDeelite, please post all in the one colour. Your posts are incredibly annoying to read so I'm just ignoring them.

DS:
    When Lisa broke down the door on Friday, she was with the producers just long enough to be reassured that her place in the final was safe, that she wouldn't be punished and that the HOH task would be organised in such a way that her rightful heavenly status would be reinstated.

Look out for the little signs. Monday afternoon Lisa announces to the producers "I could murder a Chinese" and lo and behold it came to pass a Chinese take-away was delivered.
    The crystal ball was a signal that Mario would be fulfilling her wishes to go down on bended knee at the final, as arranged, with her 'surprise' proposal. with the ring that she picked out before the show.

Last night she looked into the crystal ball and saw a horse (the Italian stallion) and a ring.
    No doubt in the coming days she will see a contract for numerous follow- up programmes for them both covering the engagement, wedding and honeymoon.

The naive among us will fall for it, and we will be stuck with the deluded plastic couple on our screens for months.

At last , somebody else knows what I mean. 3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mr.FuknDedlyGuy

i tink we should giv lisa sum credit here. i mean lyk i wish i was an "expert on LIFE". dats sum achievment. AND her friend discovered DNA. AND she lifted a car. and a piano. and she pealed over 2000 spuds a day. And she saw an alien.And shes a natural barber. and not to mention the fact dat evry1 in de house came on 2 her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

There is some mad conspiracy nuts out there :pac:

Watching her in lastnights show she is definately something else altoghter, outerspace calling Lisa!

i tink we should giv lisa sum credit here. i mean lyk i wish i was an "expert on LIFE". dats sum achievment. AND her friend discovered DNA. AND she lifted a car. and a piano. and she pealed over 2000 spuds a day. And she saw an alien.And shes a natural barber. and not to mention the fact dat evry1 in de house came on 2 her.

And she can gaze into a crystal ball and see a man on a horse and a ring:rolleyes:
    I liked Mario but this smacks of all being planned before they went in.
    I reckon she thinks if she comes across as not all there she will avoid nommo's from the majority.
    Check out her Diary Room entry's , she sits in exactly the position the BB psychologists say is the one that is the most truthful ,ALL the time, she never changes it and it is so on her mind in there.I could be wrong and I won't loose any sleep if I am , I just want answers.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

She used to be a farmer as well...and a bouncerl.

She's an extremely talented woman:pac:

Sean_K wrote: »
    She used to be a farmer as well...and a bouncerl.

She's an extremely talented woman:pac:

13.gifSomehow I believe the Farmer story.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

This is why I love her. Lisa to win!

Did not want to be the one to break the bad news,
    and NO offence to KateF but MNG you made me icon_204.gificon_204.gificon_204.gif.
    Again , KateF , no offence meant towards you at all.
    He just made me icon_204.gif.:)

Why?! :confused: Because I missed an episode of Big Brother and hadn't realised until the next night, that Dale had been evicted?! Right well, sorry Sharp, some of us have lives....

• Advertisement

Did you not see that twice I said "No offence to KateF "
    If you are annoyed then I am sorry , that was not my intent.:D

Advertisement