Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband issues North main exchange, around Parnell St, Dublin 1 ?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there, I'm with Eircom broadband 2 Mb home + for years now, North main exchange.
    It was pretty good until this week.
    Wed evening, down and very slow.

Since yesterday Thursday, broadband slow down, cut-off connections,
    Pings around 57 ms Download from only 125 to 821 kbps and no upload at all.
    Firewall is disabled and it's same with another laptop, wired modem directly connected to main socket.
    Called eircom support, engineer has to look around.

Anyone with same issues on north main exchange ?
    around Parnell St, Dublin 1 ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Post up your line stats, the simplest solution is usually the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Eircom have a recorded message saying there is a problem in Dublin 1 and they’re working on it - obviously they don't go into detail.

For what it's worth my office is in the area and our connection is up and down like mad since yesterday afternoon. Chatting to one of their reps yesterday who conceded that there appeared to be a lot of calls from the area, and could see I was dis/reconnecting every 2 minutes - but would not escalate it before doing some troubleshooting to rule out issues at my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Eircom have a recorded message saying there is a problem in Dublin 1 and they’re working on it - obviously they don't go into detail.

For what it's worth my office is in the area and our connection is up and down like mad since yesterday afternoon. Chatting to one of their reps yesterday who conceded that there appeared to be a lot of calls from the area, and could see I was dis/reconnecting every 2 minutes - but would not escalate it before doing some troubleshooting to rule out issues at my end.

Hi

There is an issue with the North Main Exchange since yesterday midday. They are experiencing a degradation of the bitstream service.

It is currently under investigation.

Just to let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Adureno

Thanks a mill for the replies.

Got updated recorded messages this morning.
    Funny things as reps yesterday 7pm tried to convince me it was pc/firewall/modem faults...

It seems solved now : 1761 download / 217 upload

Here are Line stats Downstream Upstream
    Channel birate interleaved kbit/s 2048 256
    Relative Capacity occupation 27 % 37 %
    Noise Margin dB 12.0 15.0
    Output Power dBm 7.0 1.5
    Attenuation dB 16.5 8.0

Hi,

Upgrade this morning to 3Mb
    Line Stats:

k1tw9.jpg

Great speed midday.

This evening, there is again degradation of service / download only 427 kb/s:

307087286.png

Anyone with the same issue again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My connection has been brutal for the last 2 days, then around an hour ago it sobered up and all is well.....
    I'm in the Dublin 9 area and a mate's eircom broadband has been garbage for the last few days also....

Maybe the rain washed the bugs outta the system....rofl.

Hi again,
    Broadband service is pretty good till the evening.

Just a quick question.
    Do we expect down service every evening ?
    Download is circa 500 kbps every evening since the upgrade to 3Mb

Below some stats today.

Line stats
    r1do9.jpg

r3ig9.jpg

307556321.png

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hi

There is an issue with the North Main Exchange since yesterday midday. They are experiencing a degradation of the bitstream service.

It is currently under investigation.

Just to let you know

Anyone getting similar issues again - getting identical symptoms to last time.

Advertisement