Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export dog from Ireland to Finland

Options
  • 08-08-2008 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI,

Just wondering if anyone has exported a dog from Ireland to Finland, we have the chip and the passport but we're having difficulty in finding an airline that carries cargo from dublin to helsinki.

Any help appreciated,
    JPL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Hi, I don't know about bringing a dog to Finland, but we had to bring my dog to Spain a few years back. We were originally going to take her by plane but it got very, very messy. It was extremely hard to find an airline that would take her as cargo and even when we did we were told that if for some reason at the last minute (ie: after ppl boarded the flight) they couldn't take her in the cargo (they never explained what reason's they would be) that she'd just be put on the next available flight...but that my folks who were travelling and would already be boarded wouldn't know this till they landed in Spain. I don't know if this has changed since then, and they didn't come out and tell us that when we first booked her in, but its ridiculous! So I'd double check all scenarios if you do find an airline.

In the end we took her by boat to France and spent a week driving down with her to the south of Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

PAWS (www.paws.ie) export dogs to Sweden to rehome them. It might be worth contacting them to see what papers are required and how they do it. I've a feeling they might drive them over ... but they may know which airlines do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

PAWS are connected with the NeverNeverLand rescue in Sweden and it's them that fly the dogs over. I'll try to get some contact details and get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What brilliant help people get here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

info@neverneverland.se

There you go, that's the e-mail from the site. If nobody gets back to you then PM me as I've been speaking to one of the girls involved on another matter and I'll pick her brains :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sellmymotorcycl

Thank you, I'll email thoes nice people in Sweden and also the contact email address on www.paws.ie and see what info I can get.

Advertisement