Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

smoke coming from 95 celica

Options
  • 08-08-2008 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

hi all,

just wondering would anyone know what might be wrong.. i noticed yesterday when i accelerated and the rev counter went up past lets say 4000 revs that a big puff of smoke came out the back of my exaust and the car kinda lost a bit of power.. now its happening most of the time.. always when i put my foot to the floor.. thought yest it might be oil so i topped up.. but it still persists.. its a 2.0l toyota celica gt.. any ideas as to what it might be would be great..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

When did u last change the oil in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Clutch on the way out?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Engine wear possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

what color the smoke is,

white >headgasket
    black >too much petrol goes to the engine
    blue > engine uses too much oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

hi all thanks v much for the replies.. here goes..

i bought the car a month ago.. for cheap enough so i wasnt expecting it to be perfect..

i have not done an oil change myself.. but just last night filled it with oil when i say filled i mean 2 litres worth..

the smoke is more white than blue.. but regarding the head gasket wouldnt the temperature be rising and the car drinking water? i had a fiat bravo so i kinda know the signs a little when it comes to the head gasket (i did the head 5 times when i had the fiat!!).. this is very similar but no overheating or excessive water loss..

the clutch pedal did last week start squeeking a little when pressed in..

its only happens when the revs go high as i said.. lets say im driving and drop back into lower gear to overtake soon as she gets up in the higher revs poof!! a huge amount of white (more than blue) smoke comes out the exaust..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Does it look like there's any fluids leaking from anywhere in the engine?

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Does it look like there's any fluids leaking from anywhere in the engine?

no the engine looks fairly dry from what i can see.. do u think i should be looking in a certain place?

thanks again for you reply..

sorted lads.. my own stupid fault.. put like 2 times too much oil in when she didnt need any!! drained it saturday and its fine now!! thanks for all your help!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Too much oil in an engine is as bad for it as too little.

Advertisement