Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII: PS3 Remake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I hope you are convinced when you play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

noodler wrote: »
    I hope you are convinced when you play it again.

Me too - I like liking things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I myself didn't think all that much of the materia system. I thought it was very simplistic. Any character could equip any materia which meant that characters quickly lost their personality. There was also no strategy in the fights you could breeze through the game with the only difficulty spike being the final boss unless you wanted to bore yourself levelling for the weapons.

I'm not sure which FF7 you played but the one I've played / currently playing involves tactical decisions on a regular basis. There are several differenet elementals in the game, most enemies have advantages / disadvantages against each one. You can't just 'equip any character' with materia and kick ass. I would agree that if you spent say 3-4 hours leveling up on the first mission that the next battles you encounter would be easier, this is true for most RPG's though.

Personalities of each character remained unique regardless of what materia they could equip. Heh, there's the element you missed out on - each character in the game has different strengths and weaknesses. Off the top of my head with two very small examples:

Aeris is good with magic whilst being crap with physical attacks. Barrett on the other hand is better with physical attacks but can also be moved into the back row due to his 'long range' capabilities. Cloud is mostly a good all rounder.

Did you play this game straight out with a book / guide? The difficulty is halved if so. The first time I didn't use a book, I cleared the game without using any guides and it took me months to get through it. (I rented the damned thing for 4 weeks in 97 or 98, ended up paying £30 for the four weeks, decided to buy it AFTER that :) )

Personally, I think you've a lovehate thing going on with this game. :) Most of your points are lacking depth but also feature comparisons to newer more advanced RPG's.

The game is afterall, nearly 11 years old.

Peace

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

lordlame wrote: »
    I'm not sure which FF7 you played but the one I've played / currently playing involves tactical decisions on a regular basis. There are several differenet elementals in the game, most enemies have advantages / disadvantages against each one. You can't just 'equip any character' with materia and kick ass. I would agree that if you spent say 3-4 hours leveling up on the first mission that the next battles you encounter would be easier, this is true for most RPG's though.

Well the old elemental weakness idea is pretty much expected in any RPG it's not exactly unique. compare that to the strategy involved in beating some of the bosses in FFX or Grandia and it's completely different. I did just equip any old materia to my characters and breezed through the game with no problems. There was a little thought put into it but really I just spread it out so everyone sould cast magic and cure. I also didn't spend any time levelling up. However this isn't a bad thing since the game was never frustrating.
    Personalities of each character remained unique regardless of what materia they could equip. Heh, there's the element you missed out on - each character in the game has different strengths and weaknesses. Off the top of my head with two very small examples:

Aeris is good with magic whilst being crap with physical attacks. Barrett on the other hand is better with physical attacks but can also be moved into the back row due to his 'long range' capabilities. Cloud is mostly a good all rounder.

I know all the characters have different strengths and weaknesses but it's hardly pronounced. Put Aeris in the front row and if she is the same level as everyone else she does practically the same physical damage. Barret is still extremely nifty with magic. Compare that to other games in the genre. FF6 had characters that each had a unique ability to set them apart, same goes for practically all the FF games. If it wasn't for story and character design doing a good job of fleshing out each character they would have all become clones of each other.
    Did you play this game straight out with a book / guide? The difficulty is halved if so. The first time I didn't use a book, I cleared the game without using any guides and it took me months to get through it. (I rented the damned thing for 4 weeks in 97 or 98, ended up paying £30 for the four weeks, decided to buy it AFTER that :) )

I didn't use a guide either, whats the point? On the second time through the game I used one to get all the sidequests thats it. It didn't take me months to play through but then i did become obsessed with it and it took over my life :) I got a lend of it off a friend but he wouldn;t give me the third disc because he was stuck on the last boss. Got so annoyed waiting on him to finish it I went out and bought it wmyself. :)
    Most of your points are lacking depth but also feature comparisons to newer more advanced RPG's.

I wouldn't say my points lack depth, I'm trying my best here :(

Anyway you have just summed up what I've been trying to say in two lines. FFVII is 11 years old and the years in some ways haven't been kind. Newer JRPG's have come and totally surpassed FFVII in terms of storyline and gameplay. The graphics are no longer flashy and I've gone hack and played older JRPGs and have realised that the have been much better that have gone before it. It is however still a very playable and engrossing experience.

I think that Square Enix know that putting a multimillion dollar budget on a remake of an aged classic that will only appeal to the diehard fans of that game just doesn't make financial sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If it wasn't for story and character design doing a good job of fleshing out each character they would have all become clones of each other.

Luckily for us though...!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

I thought X had a brilliant storyline, the best yet infact. I'd love to see a remake of VII and see how it's storyline compares to X with it's improved graphics, the whole pig trotters look made it harder to get into VII for me.

As for Tidus, yeah he was whiny alright! I think it was refreshing though to see a 'raw' hero getting regularly hysterical over his situation, it helped to draw me in and sympathise. I liked the non-traditional ending too, it was very climactic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Well the old elemental weakness idea is pretty much expected in any RPG it's not exactly unique. compare that to the strategy involved in beating some of the bosses in FFX or Grandia and it's completely different. I did just equip any old materia to my characters and breezed through the game with no problems. There was a little thought put into it but really I just spread it out so everyone sould cast magic and cure. I also didn't spend any time levelling up. However this isn't a bad thing since the game was never frustrating.

I know all the characters have different strengths and weaknesses but it's hardly pronounced. Put Aeris in the front row and if she is the same level as everyone else she does practically the same physical damage. Barret is still extremely nifty with magic. Compare that to other games in the genre. FF6 had characters that each had a unique ability to set them apart, same goes for practically all the FF games. If it wasn't for story and character design doing a good job of fleshing out each character they would have all become clones of each other.

I didn't use a guide either, whats the point? On the second time through the game I used one to get all the sidequests thats it. It didn't take me months to play through but then i did become obsessed with it and it took over my life :) I got a lend of it off a friend but he wouldn;t give me the third disc because he was stuck on the last boss. Got so annoyed waiting on him to finish it I went out and bought it wmyself. :)

I wouldn't say my points lack depth, I'm trying my best here :(

Anyway you have just summed up what I've been trying to say in two lines. FFVII is 11 years old and the years in some ways haven't been kind. Newer JRPG's have come and totally surpassed FFVII in terms of storyline and gameplay. The graphics are no longer flashy and I've gone hack and played older JRPGs and have realised that the have been much better that have gone before it. It is however still a very playable and engrossing experience.

I think that Square Enix know that putting a multimillion dollar budget on a remake of an aged classic that will only appeal to the diehard fans of that game just doesn't make financial sense.

I think that issue here is what would Square be planning?

Would it be the exact same game with shiney new graphics only?
    Or would it be the same game/storyline with modernised fighting system etc.

I still think that the materia system was the best system, especially if it would have been linked to actual affinity based abilities.
    I just loved being able to link elements to weapons, link materia spheres together to get extra abilities from them etc. It was just the most user friendly system

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

eeeeaaaaaa...

There's very little I liked about X. I felt it was the real downturn of the series, that sparked with VIII.

I think IX is a true gem though, something a lot of people overlook. Necron was a bit silly, but like a lot of IX, it was a throwback to the old-fashioned style of FF. (Vivi anyone?)

When playing VIII, and X I felt almost like the game was buying into pop-culture. Tis only my opinion though (I think XIII is going to be the same..) and lots of my FF loving friends think otherwise so..

On topic, I really don't want SquareEnix to make a remake of VII. They've displayed time and time again that they can't just leave things alone when it comes to that game. They would insist on making references to AC, BC, CC, DC etc. because it would be the ultimate advertisement zone.

And that, in my opinion, would be enough to destroy a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sorry gonna be abit OT:p
    I almost completely and wholeheartedly disagree with everything you have said Retro. I am glad I tried 6 (To be fair I am in the tower, minutes away from Kefka and haven't gotten around to it yet) just so I could argue from a better position. I know the PSX version I played is slower etc. But the characters lacked depth for me. Bar a short back stroy for each one in the WOR. Some of the dialogue was too cheesy. I though Kefka could have been the baddie from a Bugs Bunny Cartoon.

now i know how 2D gameplay can make someone hates the game:pac:i really dont remember much of the story in detail,but like,the knight Cyan with his lost family (kefka poisoned) event,terra real parents ,the king brothers etc(god i can still remember them!) - love,friendship,family,FF6 was a poetry itself,in fact,Square put every thing you can ever want into one game.Have you find a character called Gau in the game?a minor character has a complicated story.FF6 is the most complicated work i ever seen in a video game,the plot,the script,it is still an epic from today's view.You can say the stories dont appeal you,but lack of decency?dont forget it was a 1994 game too.and,the dialogue probably changed at least 3 times from these versions,no idea which one are you playing.
    I don't know where to begin with FF6'S battle system. There were too many irrelevant characters and skills. Way too many Espers. I will give it kudos for the 5-slot accessories as opossed to 7's 3 tho.

FF6 contains at least 90% magic/skills they have used in the following games:pac:

too much for you to handle eh?maybe that's why they shorten and simplify for the following games,for players' sake.:rolleyes:too many espers were indeed a problem tbh:p i say that is the only flaw in FF6 but is inevitable due to you learn skills from these esper and they have massive skills
    in game.from a game maker view,30esper for the time length you should be spend on FF6,it is acceptable ,with that many characters and you get some of the espers early in game.but still,filing a complaint based on what you say is funny:Ddo you complain when you pay a 2euro get a massive burger?maybe you can argue less is more:pac:but to me a greedy gamer who always wants more and quality,FF6 is my holy grail in RPG.

as a record,i did finish FF7 before i got FF6:pac:

OT:i agree that too remake FF7 is a bad idea due to the work they will need to put on it must be huge,an original pure remake with merely graphics improvement will make a game sh!te no doubt .It will be an insult too to Square after all these years they have put the big change on the later FF battle system.but doubless,it will squeeze some money out of it - able to make some profit is unknown tho.for me i will probably pay for it to see Aeris alive (and die) again but since Aeris in CC s*cks really hard,i just hope they will release a remake - never destroy my perfect memory from FF7

Jesus do you speak English or Smiley?

I liked that you did have one or two ocassions during the main stroyline where you had to use all the characters. But when making the team there were plenty of irrelevant characters.

Gau for me-hates his rages. Far too much effort even if he can be an early game god. Too unpredictable as well.

Cyan-cos he's sh1te

Setzer-unless you need his ID attacks

Omaro

The mimic dude

Locke too an extent-Tho I plain liked the guy so he always made it in.

I can't understand your point about skills? I think there were more than enough. But as I said many were pointless. Stealing is probly the biggest chore ever in a ff game.

I would argue it had loads of mini character plots alright, but none were done to my personal satisfaction. All felt rushed. Gau's scene with you know who was pretty much his story.

Don't get me wrong. I have never played a FF game I wouldn't give at least 90% too. They are all great, just to varying degrees.

I'll finish with this "Im Gau............Im your friend...................................lets travel together'. Could have smahed the playstation at times.

• Advertisement

Personally, I think you've a lovehate thing going on with this game. :) Most of your points are lacking depth but also feature comparisons to newer more advanced RPG's.

Peace
    :pac:infact,all FF has its balanced system,is what makes FF so good.

if ya are a newbie you can beat the game from start to end,probably with some brain whacking/spending ages;if ya are an RPG expert,you will beat it in different/quickest way but still with some reasonable difficult boss/battle etc.

every setting in FF is well tested and balanced according to each other uniqueness:7 materia system (master materia sell good price,support materia etc),10 damage break etc ,but as you can see,when i level up any of these characters above 70 level,there is really not much difference in them:rolleyes:there is no perfect system in video game.materia system is simply the most striaght forward system in RPG history,but it makes the characters no different from each other (that is where the limit break kicks in),and is the starting (except 9)of Square gets lazy on the distibution of character skills(system in 12 was the biggest sht i ever seen)

element design in the game?same element helping same ,lighting against water helping,fire against plant/animal etc you name it.

Jesus do you speak English or Smiley?

I liked that you did have one or two ocassions during the main stroyline where you had to use all the characters. But when making the team there were plenty of irrelevant characters.

Gau for me-hates his rages. Far too much effort even if he can be an early game god. Too unpredictable as well.

Cyan-cos he's sh1te

Setzer-unless you need his ID attacks

Omaro

The mimic dude

Locke too an extent-Tho I plain liked the guy so he always made it in.

I can't understand your point about skills? I think there were more than enough. But as I said many were pointless. Stealing is probly the biggest chore ever in a ff game.

I would argue it had loads of mini character plots alright, but none were done to my personal satisfaction. All felt rushed. Gau's scene with you know who was pretty much his story.

Don't get me wrong. I have never played a FF game I wouldn't give at least 90% too. They are all great, just to varying degrees.

I'll finish with this "Im Gau............Im your friend...................................lets travel together'. Could have smahed the playstation at times.
    gau has this learning ability called Blue magic/enemy skill materia skill in the early or later games,how can you not enjoy it?his story?check out wiki for proof,the poor orphan under some family issue :pac:

cyan is the sword master...very good damage in early stage of the game :( i mean his poor family poisoned by Kefka ,the scene of him farewell with his family on the train in phantom forest is one of the best plot i have seen :(

setzer the poker master ya dont like him?the very extreme character who completely depends on luck lol tifa's limit break slot attack?

ah well,time length of getting to know all the story is at least twice of any existed FF,if ya not the type who enjoys these stories,fair play to ya :pff6 is an epic RPG that you need to spend alot of time to fully understand it - like a classic opera.the story gau is a good example,the character didnt appeal me at first ,until,bits by bits,along the course you play ,his secrets will be reveal by Square.awesome.same in all characters in FF6.it is not instant noodle,it is a 100 years old wine.that's why they travel with you,their stories are not finished,yet.

my points simply indicated if ya like FF7,FF6 pretty much covered 90% of the elements you see in FF7,why wouldnt you like it?:sthat's why i say 2D makes you hated it.

*ah no,i am simply in a funny mood which blood rush to me brain making me keep clicking on smiles,hope ya wont mind*

Graphics haven't made my enjoyment of FF7 any less satisying. I just though 6 was nowhere near as deep in terms of storyline and character development as people make out (certainly nowhere near as much as 7). 6, for me, was only scratching the surface of what video games would be making you feel (7 hit the nail on the head).

I wish I could have played it on the NES without the silly loading times in between areas tho.

Your points regarding the characters in 6 are pretty unconvincing, I mean stuff like "the poster master" isn't going to compel me! Cyan had a more emotive storyline alright but as a charcter he was crap as soon as you have the choice of whether or not to have him in your party.

I definitely did not think ff6 warrents more playtime than 6 in terms of understanding the story. 6 was fairly straight forward in comparison to 7.

Graphics haven't made my enjoyment of FF7 any less satisying. I just though 6 was nowhere near as deep in terms of storyline and character development as people make out (certainly nowhere near as much as 7). 6, for me, was only scratching the surface of what video games would be making you feel (7 hit the nail on the head).

I wish I could have played it on the NES without the silly loading times in between areas tho.

Your points regarding the characters in 6 are pretty unconvincing, I mean stuff like "the poster master" isn't going to compel me! Cyan had a more emotive storyline alright but as a charcter he was crap as soon as you have the choice of whether or not to have him in your party.

I definitely did not think ff6 warrents more playtime than 6 in terms of understanding the story. 6 was fairly straight forward in comparison to 7.

:pac:as i said,i love every FF (not those latest ones),everyone has its own uniqueness brought me a hell lots of wonderful memories - i said truly what my heart speaks.11 times of replaying FF7 is my highest personal record on RPG(tho only finish it 2 times).

my english is crap,maybe you can try this linky:
    http://www.mobygames.com/featured_article/feature,18/section,122/
    i am no liar:rolleyes:
    Many fans consider "Final Fantasy VI" the best of the series. It is indeed an absolutely remarkable game, that combines storytelling and gameplay into a perfect whole. Later Final Fantasies, with all their originality and new ideas, were all heavily influenced by this game, and owe it quite a great deal. "Final Fantasy VI" underwent a decisive change of style: while maintaning the epic outlines of the story, it went deeper into the hearts of its heroes, discovering and showing a wide range of human emotions. Instead of a fairy tale, "Final Fantasy VI" delivers us a melodrama. Its new inclination towards a futuristic environment inspired the two next Final Fantasies, and partially "Final Fantasy X". Its fine, class-less gameplay started a revolutionary trend that was also continued in the two future installments for the Playstation.

while for their FF7 review,i dont agree at all,looks like they have to write that to avoid FF7 fanboys crush their site:p the theme was darker and looks more complicated,but then,think back of it now:cloud is a young irresponsible emo who total messed up his life,an immature teenage kid grow up progress,nothing more(still an idiot after years show up in Advent children lol);sephiroth is nonsence,destroy the world for what?a strong man like him cant handle a truth that he is not ordinary human and gone mad?i kinda get the tifa's feeling on cloud at the early stage,but then i cant see much 'love story' after aeris show up/death (maybe til the end tifa showed up with him on a field).god i have good memory,that's what i remember anyway.still,a very best game in my heart forever.that's why i dont like the remake idea,it will be cr*p on today standard.

Lastly,
    6 was fairly straight forward in comparison to 7.

my response would be a :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think FF7 could/would have more appeal than a newer Final Fantasy game,

As its highly regarded as the best in the series, it would appeal to most of us Fans here, who would nodoubt buy it to play it through with next gen graphics :eek:

Though i could recite the story, id happily play through it in next gen visuals straight away .

It would also attract a new customer base, as i was only 12 when i first played it...11 years on....there is a new generation of gamer who havent played, let alone heard of the game due to the fact it came out on PS1 :eek:

Then take into account...cross platform, it could possibly be made for more than 1 console, as FF7 came out on PC (load of crap though with errors tbh)

I'd like to see it remade, i dont think it would ruin my nostalgia or love for the game, i think it would only heighten my love for it :)

Would be great if they could get the voice actors from Advent Children for it too :P

They'd ruin it. They should concentrate on making their news ones as good as 10 etc.

FF6's story was NOWHERE near as complex as Seven's? What are you on? 7 is widely renowned for going the extar mile in terms of story. The dialouge is 6 was far more childish.

Anyway, bar his hair (and I didn't know what an EMO was when I played ff7), I don't know what you are talking about. He was a mentally unstable ex soldier and simply a loner as a kid. Emo is overused these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FF6's story was NOWHERE near as complex as Seven's? What are you on? 7 is widely renowned for going the extar mile in terms of story. The dialouge is 6 was far more childish.

the Dialogue in FF7 was far worse than in FF6. At least the Ted Woolsey translation of FF6 made sense unlike the badly translated rubbish from FF7.

'Do you wish to continue?'

'No'

'Off course!'

Huh?

I don't care if 6's was translated perfectly, it was a simplistic storyline and was simply more representative of the era. Simplistic dialogue. Good and Evil.

Seven's was far more complex, even with a few translation errors (I know there are some but perhaps you can refresh my memory?) makes for a far more ambitious and far reaching game in terms of storyline. 6 was also alot shorter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

This game should be reproduced in High def or possibly in a Boxset but the storyline and characters should remain untouched,the dvd of Vantage Point had a dual downloadable feature,two files of the movie. These could be put on a pc and or psp. Mabey a re-release of Advent Children with this option for a Pc or Psp download of the original Playstation and Pc game is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I'm guessing you overlevelled in FFX, keane2097. I don't level at all in FF games and found the battle system in FFX to be an absolute masterpiece. It was really very challenging and you really had to use the right characters for the right situation. Boss battles were even more strategic. I found the last boss to be a complete bitch (not the final fight which you couldn't lose).

I myself didn't think all that much of the materia system. I thought it was very simplistic. Any character could equip any materia which meant that characters quickly lost their personality. There was also no strategy in the fights you could breeze through the game with the only difficulty spike being the final boss unless you wanted to bore yourself levelling for the weapons.

I also found FFX to be the strongest storywise. Characters were brilliant other than Tidus who was way too whiny. Thought the way the story was told was very impressive and it never felt rushed or silly like some of the FF games. Then of course there was that ending, birlliant.
    Good post re: FFX, Retr0.

Fcuk it, im gonna play it again (- twill be the 4th or 5th time :)). I think X has the perfect balance of story themes, characters, soundtrack & enjoyable battle system of all the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

people!

whens this "big announcement" comin bout? I cant wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The big announcement already happened, and it wasnt about a remake afaik. Cant remember exactly what it was though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Ugh. They should just leave it be. It was a classic for its time and that's the way it should stay.

Square Enix...the new lucasfilm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kiith wrote: »
    The big announcement already happened, and it wasnt about a remake afaik. Cant remember exactly what it was though...
    It was the FFXIII demo being included on the Advent Children Complete BD. Perhaps the translation of what Tetsuya Nomura said was a bit borked and made it sound like it was a FFVII specific announcement, which everyone then leaped on. Still, it's nice to see FFXIII coming along.

GothPunk wrote: »
    It was the FFXIII demo being included on the Advent Children Complete BD. Perhaps the translation of what Tetsuya Nomura said was a bit borked and made it sound like it was a FFVII specific announcement, which everyone then leaped on. Still, it's nice to see FFXIII coming along.

yeah at least something interesting is on its way
    they said it was the same battle system as XII didn't they?
    wasn't a great fan of that
    I'd prefer to just take it back to X that was lethal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    yeah at least something interesting is on its way
    they said it was the same battle system as XII didn't they?
    wasn't a great fan of that
    I'd prefer to just take it back to X that was lethal!

The only similarity between XII and XIII that has been reported is the fact that there are no separate battle screens - you see the enemy and you engage in battle. So no gambits or anything, just real time battles.

The FFX battle director is working on the battle system for XIII so that's a good sign. I'm only playing FFX for the first time now and I have to say the battle system is brilliant.

The FFXIII Wikipedia article is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

why does this keep coming up? they will most likely never ever remake finalfantasy 7, until maybe its able to be played on nintendos next handheld, just like they have dont with 3 and 4, so even if they did remake it which i doubt they will, it'll be years before its out.

imo they will never remake it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I still think ff7 is great as it is and dose not to need to be remade.

It seems wrong considering alot of the people involved in the making of the orginal would not be involved in the process which to me seems like taking a classic painting getting someone new to throw a few strokes of paint on to it then passing it off as the orginal.

After Dirge of Cerberus I have no faith in Square Enix to do FF7 any justice and even if they could I would prefer to see them focusing their energy on a new world with new characters then one we have already experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

yeah gotta agree with ghouldaddy07.

after DoC and the new one on psp, i feel that they are milking the daylights outta the FF7 franchise, i was happy when 7 ended there, and was left to think about what happened my self. but this whole lets add more to the world, is just gonna belittle the ff7 name.

also i want them to bring out a good game, ffXII was a load of bollocks, and FFXIII doesn't look to promising either =/

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    The only similarity between XII and XIII that has been reported is the fact that there are no separate battle screens - you see the enemy and you engage in battle. So no gambits or anything, just real time battles.

The FFX battle director is working on the battle system for XIII so that's a good sign. I'm only playing FFX for the first time now and I have to say the battle system is brilliant.

The FFXIII Wikipedia article is pretty good.

thats music to my ears dude thanks a lot
    I feel a little reassurance about the battle system now,
    I'd still prefer if it was completely turn based though
    dont know why
    just feels more strategic

Advertisement