Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tracking correction on Honda Accord

Options
  • 08-08-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had to get their tracking fixed on a honda accord and is it best to go to a dealership or go with any normal place.
    Has anyone any idea if there's anything special about the tracking on the accord really is what I'm asking.

Just wondering as I've got a new one yesterday and the steering veers to the left a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

My advise dont go to a high street tyre centre they may have a 20 or 30 grand machine but with a 16 yr old or an unqualified person operating it and once the computer says its ok they wont make any adjustments or if they do your car may well be worse after you get it back. Find a garage that uses a laser four wheel alignment system and speak to the guy and make sure he knows what he is about tell them you want the car set to the factory settings no tolerance, manufacturers tolerances are way too high. If he knows what he is about he should be able to set the car up perfectly and make sure the steering wheel is straight after you get it back, anybody who sets about straightening the steering wheel by removing the wheel after carrying out wheel alignment has not carried out the alignment properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Cheers for the advise dude, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

that crowd in Donnybrook (opposite bective) have an Italian laser guided machine apparently worth 30 grand.

I insisted on watching it being done, 3/4 guys (all foreign and 30 something) carried out the whole thing on my old Volvo and did whatever I asked, rotating tires etc., and I could see that they were carrying out the adjustments that the computer was telling them to do, since the monitor was directly on front of me.

End result was that steering wheel was centered, and the car drove straight and true.

Was 70 euro I think in the end, but they offer all sorts of discounts on tires, but then they would, wouldn't they?! Anyway, point is, if it needs to be done, these guys are a good bet.

Advertisement