Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G when visiting Ireland

Options
  • 08-08-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

I come back home several times of year. I'm going to bring my laptop the next time, can someone tell me the best 3G option for occasional use. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

luckylucky wrote: »
    I come back home several times of year. I'm going to bring my laptop the next time, can someone tell me the best 3G option for occasional use. Thanks for any help.

O2 are prolly the best following by vodafone.. avoid THREE ! There terrible, since O2 are cheaper and have a bigger cap than vodafone i would definately go with them. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Whichever way you go, you'll be locked into a contract. Also, you'll have to fork out some dosh for the modem they'll send you out. I don't know the prices of the various operators, so you'll have to read up on the terms yourself.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Three do offer a PAYG package, which would make sense for an occasional user. However, you should avoid Three as it generally doesn't work. You also have to buy the modem, which I think is about 100euro.

20 a month for O2 would be the best, though a bit of a waste for occasional use, unless you're here for several days a month and really need an Internet connection. Modem is 29euro with them.

Advertisement