Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on New PC

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

My computer is in its death throes this week and after hours of head scratching and trying various fixes I've decided to throw in the towel and get a new one. Now I've backed myself into a corner, it's a few years since I've had to even think about specs, technology etc and I'm utterly confused about all the options various sites present me with. I'd like to go with Dabs for their prices but I'm wary of chosing incompatible components. Kompletts PC Builder appeals to me as it avoids this problem but they're pricier. Hardwareversand looks good, but I'm wary of them after reading up about them here on boards.

So here's where you guys come in. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

My requirements:
    Budget is about 600 euro, but I can manage to stretch a bit further if necessary.
    I would prefer Intel processor.
    I need a machine that will be used mainly for graphics based work (running Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc).
    I don't need any peripherals, I have those already.
    I would also like ATX Tower form factor (not micro, or mini)
    Preferrably it would include a card reader, but if not I can add it myself later.

Thanks,
    Jules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

Browsing through Dabs this is what I've come up with so far. Would appreciate any input (cost, compatibilty issues etc). Or am I better off just buying "off the shelf"?

Antec Nine Hundred/Ultimate Gamer Case no PSU
    quicklinx:49XSWS | Mfr#:NINE HUNDRED EU
    In stock now €90.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz 6M Cache S775 1333MHZ
    quicklinx:4YCZWS | Mfr#:BX80570E8400
    In stock now €143.72

Gigabyte S775 Intel P35 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan
    quicklinx:50DFWS | Mfr#:GA-EP35C-DS3R
    In stock now €96.57

Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 OEM
    quicklinx:54SSWS | Mfr#:N09-02215
    In stock now €70.18