Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lloyds TSB phishing e-mail

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Just on case anyone has a Lloyds TSB account (does anyone over here have one?), there's a phishing e-mail doing the rounds.

It's not very well written - the subject reads "Update You Are Account" - but still, just in case anyone falls for it:
    Dear Customer

You have received a new message from Lloyds TSB Bank technical department With Security Centre about the new security update.

We urgently request that you should take few minute from your online experience to upgrade
    the new security.Click here to continue:
    wwww.lloydstsb.com/aboutonline/verifyownership.stml

Thank You

Lloyds TSB Bank Secure

PS: To switch off email notifications of new messages, go to 'My Account' after you've logged in

For good measure, the URL it links to even has the word "fishing" in it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I fail to see why this even needs to be posted,

In fairness there are 1000's of bank phishing e-mails doing the rounds even for BOI and AIB here in Ireland, if people can't figure out what a phishing mail is or they don't have a e-mail client or web browser with a decent fhishing filter then posting on a forum isn't going to help them either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Cabaal wrote: »
    I fail to see why this even needs to be posted,

In fairness there are 1000's of bank phishing e-mails doing the rounds even for BOI and AIB here in Ireland, if people can't figure out what a phishing mail is or they don't have a e-mail client or web browser with a decent fhishing filter then posting on a forum isn't going to help them either

Fair enough, delete the thread.

Just though I'd mention it as these kinds of things don't normally make it through our phishing filter and this one did for some reason (probably due to its utter crapness), hence it might reach a few more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Funny. I'm just after getting this one but I almost never get these things making it all the way to my inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

I have a Nat West one in my inbox....same as OP..badly written,poor grammer and asking for PINS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i'm guessing most people will be aware to never respond to emails requesting personal information from you, so i'll close the thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement