Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of Suppliers needed for Renovation

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

In the next month or so I will be doing a major renovation, putting on a new Bedroom, Bathroom and new kitchens etc..

I am looking for advice on Suppliers of Kitchens, Bathrooms, Wetrooms, Joiners ( Stairs , Windows and Doors and maybe wooden floors )

With the Euro stong against the Sterling, I was thinking that their might be some savings for going up north ? Has anyone got any experience of this ?

Any tips advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Hi are you doing the work yourself or looking for someone to do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BarrierReef

Sorry , re-read my OP and it sounds crap.

I have found a builder who is willing to take on the work on a Labour only basis, I will need to supply all the materials. General Building Materials are fine.

I am looking for a good kitchen company and also a joiner to supply ( and perhaps fit ) Stairs, Windows , Doors and maybe wooden floors. Also , I am putting in a Wetroom downstairs and possibly also in the Main shower area of the bathroom.

If anyone can recommend any companies, I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

We have recently renovated a house and can recommend the following

Wooden Floors - Irwins of Castleblaney. They have loads of mentions on this site, we got solid wooden floors for the same price as laminate in Des Kellys.
    Bathrooms - Heitons is prob the best place to go also Vogue Bathrooms is quite good.
    Doors - cheapest place with by far the best range is doorsireland.ie
    Kitchens - we havent yet looked into upgrading ours but apparently MFI are good value in Newry or Kitchen World down here.
    Windows - Templeogue Windows, we found them excellent.
    Blinds - Value Blinds http://www.valueblinds.ie/ Great service and really good price

We employed all the tradespeople ourselves and organised everything and it was painless enough. Everyone did a great job, most were punctual and neat which helped.
    Good luck with it, will be worth the slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I can make your kitchen, hang ur doors, frames, architrave, skirting and if ur putting down laminate flooring I can also do that.. The only thing I couldn't do is the stairs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Not really the way to go unless you know what your at when you take into account the time in chasing every one and buying the goods where as a builder does it all in one and if thetes a problem he sorts it also cost a lot less as he gets the big discounts that you wont think about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

Have a look at www.masseys.ie for bathroom supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJL

Hi we used a kitchen company in Wicklow, they did our wardrobes and kitchen cheaper than kitchen world. Service was excellent and completed everything on schedule.

Their name is AIS www.kitchenoncepts.ie

Hope this helps

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJL

Sorry it's www.kitchenconcepts.ie

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Soild red deal doors http://www.kellybrothers.ie/customers/
    Good quality, various styles and competitive

Advertisement