Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gun

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I want to buy myself my first airsoft gun. My girlfriend's brother got one a few months ago this one I think. I thought it was pretty cool and decided to get one for myself. I just have a few questions.

What would be the difference between this Desert Eagle for €100 and this Desert Eagle for €150? I prefer the look of the €150 one but is it worth the extra €50, it seems to be the most expensive pistol they have.

Is it worth while getting these biodegradeable bbs? They're more or less the same price as the other ones. Is there anything like they'll damage the guns or something like that?

I assume it's worth while getting a mask?

There only seems to be one type of gas on the site. Do I have to worry about it damaging the gun?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

first gun shoulfd be an electric one really
    the one you linked to is nice but wont allow you to skirmish if thats what you plan to do buy something like this http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=29
    and i'd say you'll be happy its a good value small and handy one and will fit with any direction you go with your addiction collection

yes get a mask you wont be as accurate if you injure an eye makes for crappy skirmishing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Thanks for the reply but I think I'd really prefer a pistol to an SMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

another really good one is this http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=5&osCsid=7496afe95aa1662e6a8e92815dde2e99
    when the stock is folded down it will fit in most bags its very reliable and thaught to be one of the best chinese made guns out there and as for the pistol go for the second one but neither would be a bad buy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

It depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're going to just shoot a few targets at home (in private and not in view of neighbours) then a pistol is good, but if you intend on going to a skirmish site and actually playing, then you'll be very much out gunned with just a pistol and you'll want an AEG.

Regarding the two desert eagles, the difference in price is mainly because TM (the €150 one) are known as a higher end brand and HFC are one of the chinese "clone" manufacturers, if I were buying one myself, i'd probably go for the HFC.

Recon wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but I think I'd really prefer a pistol to an SMG.

why?

have you tried a smg
    we say thi to everyone but really its very true
    come to a site
    try the gear other peeps haveyou will only endup buying stuff you don't like
    look at all the stuff thats re-sold second hand its because it just isn't as nice as people think
    don't get me wrong i love pistols i carry 4 in a skirmish but i i could have only one airsoft device it'd be an aeg

which aeg is a different matter although i finally got my p90 working the way i want it and its nice but i digress

where are yu living?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Dessert Eagle I own I bought from one of the Irish Stores (cant remember who I bought it from)
    Has a "metal slide" rather than a Plastic/ABS slide. I think this makes a huge difference when choosing.

Personally I dont like TM brands as I am a fan of Metal Bodied Airsoft
    stuff. The Dessert Eagle is nice! but because the slide is so big I have found that
    when racking the slide to cock the gun its a bit sluggish when the slide returns under spring pressure. This I dont like.

Also the gun is so big several friends commented that it just
    it Looks too like a Toy and not like a gun.

The Magazines for the DE are also extra large so my standard speed mag loader
    for some of my other pistols did not work. The Mags dont have a spring lock feature,
    Plus the BB's go internal and you cant visibly see how full or empty the mag is.
    With other pistol mags you can see the stack off BB's and know how full/empty it is.

Lastly I found it a bit of a pain to strip. It strips down differently to other pistols.

If I had to choose a first Pistol I would choose a KJ works P226 pistol.
    Out of all the pistols I have seen this Looks and feels very like the real thing.
    and I have held both the airsoft version and the real deal beside each other.

Have a nice close up pic of my DE..
    DE_1.jpg

~B

Tigger wrote: »
    why?

have you tried a smg

where are yu living?

I was never a big fan of SMGs, I've always prefer the pistol.

I'm living in Cork.
    kdouglas wrote:
    It depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're going to just shoot a few targets at home (in private and not in view of neighbours) then a pistol is good, but if you intend on going to a skirmish site and actually playing, then you'll be very much out gunned with just a pistol and you'll want an AEG.

Regarding the two desert eagles, the difference in price is mainly because TM (the €150 one) are known as a higher end brand and HFC are one of the chinese "clone" manufacturers, if I were buying one myself, i'd probably go for the HFC.

Mainly a few targets at home, as you mentioned. Maybe eventually meeting up with others at an event if I really get into it and then I'd consider getting an SMG or something bigger than a pistol.

So you'd think the only real difference between the 2 Desert Eagle's is the brand name?
    bullets wrote:
    Has a "metal slide" rather than a Plastic/ABS slide. I think this makes a huge difference when choosing.

Plus the BB's go internal and you cant visibly see how full or empty the mag is.

Lastly I found it a bit of a pain to strip. It strips down differently to other pistols.

If I had to choose a first Pistol I would choose a KJ works P226 pistol.

I'd prefer a full metal body on the gun, I won't be too worried about it being a little sluggish. As long as I could get a nice rhythm with the target shooting.

Good point about the BBs level not being able to be seen in the mag but I'd get over it I think.

Do I have to strip done the gun often? Just for cleaning or for other reasons?

As for my choice or pistol, I looking at the Desert Eagle because I've always thought they're a really cool looking gun and I think I'd fair prefer it to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The main difference between the HFC Desert Eagle and the more expensive TM version is the TM version is marginally more accurate (as most TM guns are) but mainly because it's the "Hard Kick" version. In other words, while both recoil, the TM one recoils with more force.
    That's more or less it. Beyond that it'd brand names and packaging differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

My mate has the TM version. Its a lovely gun, but I find its heavy and it also wont fit the holsters i have with my gear. Also it hust like hell when ya get hit by it :p

Thanks for all the replies, I just put through my order.

1 x Cybergun Airsoft Mask (Mesh Goggles) 25.00EUR
    1 x BioVal Biodegradeable .2g 6mm BB 22.00EUR
    1 x Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle .50 Hardkick 150.00EUR
    1 x Ultrair Power (Green) Gas 9.99EUR

Can't wait to get them now :D

• Advertisement

I made my order late Friday night and it still says that it's being processed on eirsoft.ie. I was expecting it to be posted by now from what I heard about the site in the past.

How long do they usually take to dispatch? I sent an email from the site yesterday afternoon but haven't gotten any reply yet.

Recon wrote: »
    I made my order late Friday night and it still says that it's being processed on eirsoft.ie. I was expecting it to be posted by now from what I heard about the site in the past.

How long do they usually take to dispatch? I sent an email from the site yesterday afternoon but haven't gotten any reply yet.

ask in the thread
    he'll tell you whats wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I thought all TM pistols took 134a gas?

It says "Uses HFC134a or green gas." on the eirsoft.ie site

Advertisement