Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway in the Meridian?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just read in the planning applications section of the Bray People that a certain developer has applied for change of use from retail to takeaway for Unit 3 in The Meridian.
    Does anyone know which unit this is? Obviously one of the vacant ones, but it didn't mention which type of outlet it would be (pizza/Asian/chipper/other)

anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

tc20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

just read in the planning applications section of the Bray People that a certain developer has applied for change of use from retail to takeaway for Unit 3 in The Meridian.
    Does anyone know which unit this is? Obviously one of the vacant ones, but it didn't mention which type of outlet it would be (pizza/Asian/chipper/other)

anyone hear anything?

That's nice...wondering who they are trying to avoid by advertising in the Bray People?! For Greystones you must publish the notice in either The Daily Mail, The Evening Herald, The Examiner, The Irish Independent, The Irish Times, The Mirror, The Star, The Wicklow People or The Wicklow Times.

Which unit?...there may be a Site Notice on the actual unit rather than at the steps to the courtyard area. I should be up around there this weekend so I'll take a look. If the application says takeaway then I'm guessing there won't be any seating...so no Micky D's! So what type of takeaway, chinese, chipper, indian...oooh, mexican?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Unit 3, i dont know which one that is..

And whats the difference between placing the notification in the Bray People rather than the Wicklow people (they're part of the same newsgroup) and i would have thought it would have more relevance in the Bray version

To apply for planning permission in Greystones you apply to Wicklow Co Co. For an application in Bray you apply to Bray Town Council. If the application is for Wicklow County, then you need to put the notice in one of the approved newspapers otherwise it will be determined an invalid application.

Edit: Found the application on Wicklow.ie. We'll have to wait a couple of weeks before the plans get scanned up. It's at pre-validation stage.

Second Edit: Was around a friend's house yesterday and they had a copy of the Wicklow People. The ad was in there also. Looks like the newspaper company duplicates the notices, padding out with plenty for people to read!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

maybe Chakra expanding - they already do takeaway from the restaurant. Is there a vacant unit below them?

The application is on what was previously the toy shop, next to the phone shop. Its the only vacant groundfloor unit (its quite a big unit though, maybe they're gonna subdivide it?)

• Advertisement

that is a big unit - I would've thought if they were going to subdivide it that would be in the planning app as well.

so what takeaway would need such a large area?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

loyatemu wrote: »
    that is a big unit - I would've thought if they were going to subdivide it that would be in the planning app as well.

so what takeaway would need such a large area?

Perhaps a "takeaway" that also has seating, such as a McDonalds or Supermacs?

thats what I was thinking, but the planning notice just says Takeaway, not Restaurant and Takeaway.

oh well, we'll find out eventually.

The application also mentions a new rear door (similar to the one fitted in the new florist shop)

Wicklow.ie.

The drawings are now up on the council's website at the above link...you'll need the DJVU plugin to view the files.

Yes, the toy shop unit is being subdivided...the toy took up units 3,4 & 5. The takeaway will just be in Unit 3 right beside the phone shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement