Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunglasses Repair

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I dropped my favorite Polarized sunglasses and the metal frame snapped at the thinnest part, where the hinge meets the bit that holds the lens.

Does anyone know what type of glue (or other method) I should use? Might try cheap super glue first and see if it holds, but I have my doubts. Maplin have an epoxy resin type thing with two chambers of stuff that mix together and make a strong bond, but its a little expensive for what it is.

Any tips would be appreciated

Can post a photo later if anyone is interested in helping :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Me 8yo kid is forever breaking his glasses or getting them twisted up beyond recognition. Hence, regular trips to the opticians who all have an excellent repair service, often walk in. Rarely costs more than 20 quid, prob yer best bet, unless ya want to look like Jack Duckworth!

Advertisement