Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Network Advice

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Sorry if this is basic etc...

I will be renovating my house in the next month or so, I will be putting in an Attic Space which I will be using as an Office. Currently the phone line comes into the Kitchen and I have a wireless router setup there.

I would like to have th Office Space set up with a Server which is constantly connected to the Internet, and then Wireless throughout the rest of the house.

Am I better off running the phone line up to the office and have the router up there with the Server wired into the router if so, is there anything I can do if the signal downstairs isn't very stong ??

Or should I run an Ethernet cable from the Router where it is up to the office ?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If your situation at the moment is satisfactory and it would seem that you will require total reliablity in your office situation I would be inclined to go for the ethernet to office suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

+1 On the Ethernet to office, much more reliable / stable and why change a working setup.

MC

Advertisement