Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd time my xbox360 has got ROD advice needed

• 08-08-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

As you can see from the the title my xbox has died again, this will be the 3rd time this has happened!!!!!

Just wondering how i should approach this when i ring microsoft?

Looking for peoples suggestions, ie should i look for compensation?
    Has anyone had this happen to them this many times?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

get a PS3:D:D;) Only kidding. I dunno is there much to do apart from sending it back to them. There are people who are on there fifth and sixth 360's so you'll just have to send it off and wait patiently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If its the same console that has broken 3 times, then you are legally entitled to a replacement. One of my friends was in a similar situation and blagged an Elite off them. I tried the same and ended up with Viva fcuking Pinata :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

never had one break (touch wood!)

I knew a lad who had one which broke several times and it turned out he had it in a bad area with no air conditioning [tiny area, where a long curtain covered the box] and just never turned it off ever and the xbox was just getting hotter and hotter and over heating [like a PC would to be fair..]

Anyway, ring MS - be nice and polite [yet firm] about it. No better way to get yourself stuck in customer support hell than to take out your frustration on the phone monkey..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Act very annoyed on the phone to microsoft,They might throw in a free game of controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

I rang the other day about mine, all i got was a month free live. As long as i get my new box in three weeks im happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I rang the other day about mine, all i got was a month free live. As long as i get my new box in three weeks im happy.

Everyone gets the free 1 month code. Last time mine RROD'd I had it back in exactly a week, dropped it into a UPS store on a Tues evening and had it back the following Tues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If you are entitled to compensation they will tell you (they have some list of what you can get for what problem), but if you complain you might get more.
    I got a choice of game and accessory a year or so ago, but that was for my 4th return.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

your definitely entitled to a replacement.

Is the area you have the xbox in properly ventilated? There must be something causing the over heating and just make sure when you get your new one the same thing doesnt happen.

Advertisement