Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Moving..

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ok ladies, I'm moving to Germany (Munich) for the year in September and have to say I'm having a bit of trouble with thinking of things I should pack or what I need to sort before I go. I've only been to Germany once before (when I was 15) and that was only for two weeks so really I'm lost. Has anyone been there? Is it nice? Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!! :P xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

bring your own teabags.

after that... i have no idea. im just a basic clothes and cd collection kinda gal. and plug converters. very necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yeah have heard the tea bags one before. Can't help ya after that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was in Munich earlier this year for a weekend. Was over for a football match, so didn't really see a lot outside of the city centre and the stadium, but I liked the place. It's lively and the people there seem to be up for a bit of fun. We met up with the brother of a guy I work with who's been living there for 18 years, he just loves it over there and can't see himself coming back to Ireland anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

ok a few practical things - have you any direct debits that you need to set up or cancel? If you have any bills like your credit card etc that might need to be paid while you're away, dd may be the way to go. Alternatively if you have bills set up as dd, but you're not responsible for while you're away, you need to cancel them.

Do you need to get your eyes tested, have a dental check up before you go while you can still claim on your prsi.....if you're in the prsi bracket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

Thanks for the replies! especially the direct debits chuckles30, I'm a little nervous because I'm not too sure what I'm letting myself in for. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement