Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL twice as fast using 'ethernet' cable compared with USB

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I was connecting my UPC broadband via USB and tried to compare the RJ45 cable -the thick broadband/ethernet one ...got almost exactly double my speed at about 12 meg ....this morning Im getting 20 meg on Speedtest.net....I originally signed up for 6 meg....UPC seem to be the speed champs right now if not necessarily the customer service ones -although Im sure theres a lot worse...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Few posts already discussing this and the fact that UPC are not picking up on the USB limitation when it comes to USB causing slower speeds

Advertisement