Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plywood? Mdf?

Options
  • 08-08-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

I need some sheets of wood, 6'x3' 1/2inch thick. Shops are all out of it and i need them for Tuesday next week. 4 sheets would do.

Bit of a punt but sure, anyone have any? For sale of course.

Cheers.

Comments

Where have you tried? Just the DIY places (woodies, atlantic), builders providers (mc donagh, higgins of Shantalla) or further afield (joyces of headford, flynns of lackagh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

Yeah tried woodies, hagans(or something likr that) b&q and a couple of places. They either didnt do it or were out of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Have you tried asking the College's? Maybe the likes of GTI on FR Griffin rd? They have a woodwork class/shop there and i think they maintain a summer staff? Or St Enda's in Salthill? Im sure someone would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Heiton Buckleys nearly always have them.

Cheers guys. Will try them places tomorrow/monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

6' x 3' is an unusual size, usual;ly available in 8'x4'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You will have to buy 8x4 sheets and get them cut to 6x3. Ply or MDF, you should be able to find either no problem - Higgins of Shantalla will cut them for you on their table saw if you ask nicely :).

MayoForSam wrote: »
    You will have to buy 8x4 sheets and get them cut to 6x3. Ply or MDF, you should be able to find either no problem - Higgins of Shantalla will cut them for you on their table saw if you ask nicely :).

Yeah i'll cut them myself, Higgins have none in and wont have them for a while, an i need them for tuesday night. Reckon at least one of the places suggested should have them in. :)

Advertisement