Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Soul spotted undisguised

Options
  • 08-08-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

image_16.jpg

Europe Soul will get the 2.0-liter diesel engine, with the gasoline 1.6-liter offered there as well.
    The road-going hatch will debut at the Paris auto show this fall.
    The Soul will be made in Korea. Even though it looks like a small SUV it will only get a front wheel drive. Gasoline engines will get a five-speed automatic transmission. Diesel version will debut with six-speed manual. Automatic trnasmission will follow later.

More pics here

It looks like an SUV! Why only front wheel drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Moses7 wrote: »
    image_16.jpg

More pics here

It looks like an SUV! Why only front wheel drive?

No it doesn't it looks like a piece of crap. Whats the story with the sloping roof and rear lights, eargh

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

It'll probably be marketed as a milf-mobile :p They have no need for 4wd...hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

mcwhirter wrote: »
    No it doesn't it looks like a piece of crap. Whats the story with the sloping roof and rear lights, eargh

Well it is in the same class as Rav4. Hyundai SantaFe... etc. So why not four wheel drive...

And the rear surely is horrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Well it is in the same class as Rav4. Hyundai SantaFe... etc. So why not four wheel drive...

Because they're thirstier, and I'd say a gravel driveway will be the extent of its off-road adventures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

And the rear surely is horrible..

It's probably been designed to cater for the person who wants a car that looks like an off roader but is really just a normal car with a high roof and silly lights

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

mcwhirter wrote: »
    It's probably been designed to cater for the person who wants a car that looks like an off roader but is really just a normal car with a high roof and silly lights

just like the CashCow from Nissan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Soul? sounds like an oxymoron!

Any relation to the Fiat Idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Jesus, what a minger of a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

whippet wrote: »
    just like the CashCow from Nissan !!

Yup, selling like hotcakes, but hardly anyone specifies 4wd as it's an extra which no-one buying a Qumquat actually needs (or even understands).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Dear jeebus, guess what car aint going on my wish list doesn't even go on the maybe list if i had to. Think i would rather walk!

Its falling on the same list as the tida.

It aint disguised because i would say nobody gives a...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Looks like the bastard child of a Kia Sorrento and a Skoda Roomster.

I have a feeling I might like it once I see it in the flesh ...like it in a Fiat Multipla sort of way, for its quirkyness.

But knowing Kia there probably won't be any quirkyness other than the mangled looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I like it. Although not my type of car.

It would appeal to me more so than the Suzuki SX4, which I think is just really boring Rav4 wanna be. I just like the boxy look of it.

SX4
    61007.jpg

Soul
    61008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

This is the second Kia car you've pimped in a week. Do you work for them? :)

Back on topic, I'm a fan in general of Korean cars but this is ugly.

Besides the fact it's simply not my style, the whole thing looks a bit makeshift. Like 10 people designed 10 different aspects of it and then put them all together without seeing what each other did, first. The lights are naff. There are too many lines and details for that size of car. And I hope it's just cos they've got 3 dead bodies in the boot, but that rear wheel arch is awful.

Appearance-wise, the Scion xB (also not my style) is a far better boxmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think any pimping of KIA cars should be an instant perma-ban......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone else reckon it looks like a cheap steam iron?

image_16.jpgironcart2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Definitely look better with a moustache :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It hit a few branches when it fell from the ugly tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is this a bit like Top Gear? "Good news! The Dacia Sandero....."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is this a bit like Top Gear? "Good news! The Dacia Sandero....."
    I quite like the way that car looks. It is a good skit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's different, but in all the wrong ways.

Advertisement