Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ID the gun and is there an airsoft verion

• 08-08-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

In the Movie "Direct Action" a real ****ty typical
    Dolph Lundgren movie they use a Bull Pub style assault rifle
    through out the movie. Does anyone know what this is?

And is there an airsoft version.
    It looks like a cross between an AUG a SAR21 and a G36?

~B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like a Tavor bullets

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as30-e.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ye got there just ahead of me sticking up pics! LOL!
    Yeah thats the one. I had never seen it before and thought
    it was unusual.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

is indeed a Tavor made by Israeli, unfortunately there is currently no airsoft version although I’ve seen some pictures of a aeg prototype but no idea on release date or future price

• Advertisement

I remember a crowd called TSI were doing this and the Galil. Not sure if any other manufacturers are doing them.

[offtopic]Jaysus Dolph looks old in the piccies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

These guys are working on one: http://www.tsiarmories.com/

But that's been in the works for a while I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Oh yeah, I like thems, looks nifty, a spuced up SA80 on steroids!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

The gun he is using there isnt the standard infantry Tavor
    Its the CTAR-21, Commando Tavor assault rifle, more compact version.

I doubt you would find one in airsoft as even its rs version is rare enough Ive only ever seen one in the IDF Museam in Tel Aviv

• Advertisement

looks like teh CTAR 21 assault rifle (compact version) as you sid, i would love to get my hands on the Tavor MTAR 21 assault rifle (micro version) but thats just me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That dude off Future Weapons did a review of the RS version, there is a couple of different types of Tavor though, so if and when it is released as an airsoft model it might not be the same as the movie one.

Ah here we are:

Puding the mtar is one sexy machine but like most other guns made by IMI it has no use in any field, even the ctar isnt used by many in Israel and the tavor is still not implemented to the army reason no 1 not enough money for it, in the IDF museam they have every type of gun ever used in Israel also private ones donated ( a charlton heston moment for me ) and some of the experimental ones are amazing but like this it might never see proper use. so I doubt a as version would be made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    Puding the mtar is one sexy machine but like most other guns made by IMI it has no use in any field, even the ctar isnt used by many in Israel and the tavor is still not implemented to the army reason no 1 not enough money for it, in the IDF museam they have every type of gun ever used in Israel also private ones donated ( a charlton heston moment for me ) and some of the experimental ones are amazing but like this it might never see proper use. so I doubt a as version would be made

There was pics in one of the Irish Daily papers a few weeks ago of some Israeli soldiers in the field, a few of them had Tavors.

yes there has been some field test in the last conflict and more than likely some units would be involved in long term test but roll out across the board could be some time coming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yar thats one of many tavor's, cant wait til they make an airsoft version, its the Micro Tavor that i'll be selling a sibling for., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i'd imagine once one airsoft is made, it will be no hassle throwing out 2 or 3 differant ones just like with the g36 variants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure they don't even do the different barrel lengths for the AUG or FAMAS, only the AR15 and G36 range have got all the barrel options in airsoft. For the AUG it would be so easy to do its amazing they haven't.

Hopefully the Tarvor TAR21 range will.

''dreams of a 100% AUG A3 with 24'' barrel, RIS bipod and scope:)''

just some picture of it in testing/service no details came with the pics but they appear to be on exercise

1059cz4.jpg
    alp000583zm4.jpg
    alp000610bv5.jpg

and just a random great picture

2809cy3.jpg

weird how the 3 of them are left handed shooters huh.,

• Advertisement

from the first picture? looked like 2 left and 1 right ( the one right at the back, but hard to tell) but even 2 seems strange

yeah that one at the back looks a bit awkward, might be a righty., supposed to be only 1 in every 10.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Also the CTAR seems more popular than the full length TAR. The M203 fit looks worse than the FAMAS one. I does not look like a grenade launcher fit was a big part of the design unlike the new AUG A3 and the F2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like the m203 variant, looks aggressive.

thats the givati brigade the only ones who use the tar 21

[quote[thats the givati brigade the only ones who use the tar 21[/quote]

thought as must from your previous comments, i take it they are on exersice in this pictures?

Advertisement