Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most played Live Game

• 08-08-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Howdy,

Just got my Broadband and have no games suitable for online really (apart from GTA but can't handle the screaming american kids)

What would you all suggest as a good online game? Are there loads of people on Pro Evo 2008? Is Call of Duty really that good or will everyone be at a supremely higher level than me that it would make playing online a massacre?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the by, my gamertag is The Dunne if anyone fancies adding me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'd go with COD4 and BF: Bad Company.
    PES2008 online unplayably laggy last time I checked, so I'd probably steer clear of that.
    Flatout: UC is a great game if you can find a race..
    I'm also enjoying Lost Planet: Colonies Edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

COD4. You will come up against some people who are just unbelievably good but you get better and better yourself pretty quickly. Highly recommended.

Halo3 might be a better option starting out as it matches you against people of your skill level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Excellent! I forgot I had FlatOut!!!! Didn't think it would be any good online. Add me if you fancy a race.

Call of Duty definitely looks good so. I loved the multiplayer in COD2. If it's as good as that I'll be a happy bunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

COD4 and Halo 3 are both great fun on live..

Project Gotham games are brilliant if you have mates to play with. The random folks playing online tend to be a bit good!

Check out the XBLA Arcade games, always good to play some retro classics like Sensi or Speedball 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I love speedball but there is never anyone online to play :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've never had a problem on the PGR games getting a fun game rather than one with people who take it too seriously, fewer Americans on the driving games as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

COD4 & BF:BC both very different but very good games for oline play..

Do people still play Flatout? I had that game and tried to get on a game once a day for a few weeks and got nothing :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I havent played it in a few months online. Mainly played against my brother online. Its a great laugh..

Think there was a thread months for people looking to play. Id be up for games anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Gears of War on co-op is good too.

Advertisement