Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good LED bulbs

• 08-08-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

got a few on ebay but the light is kind of blue and they are not very bright. still they will do the job for a few lights around the house. anyone know of good and very bright LED bulbs that don't give off blueish light and where to get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RobTKD

EOS LIGHTING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Certainly resolves the blue tint problem! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 three-suck

Hi,

I got some frmo ebay from france, they were awful.
    Blue and dim.

I then got some from ITGS on ebay.
    And they were flouresent miniatures of the GU10 and they were a lot better
    but still naff.

I have now removed all GU10 based lighting from the house....

Mark.

PS If you want some part used GU10 flouresants, i have about 10 in a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 GetGrowing

Future LED's in Co. Mayo look like they have some good stuff:

http://www.futureleds.com/index.html

I haven't ordered anything from them yet but will when the house gets to the next stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

GetGrowing wrote: »
    Future LED's in Co. Mayo look like they have some good stuff:

http://www.futureleds.com/index.html

I haven't ordered anything from them yet but will when the house gets to the next stage!

doesn't look half bad. their lights are all kind of low powered though. still I could find a use for it

not so long ago i ordered a huge, expensive f*cker of a LED bulb off ebay thats supposed to give off the same amount of light as a 60W incandescent. but it hasn't arrived yet. its good to know you can get them locally because they usually take a few weeks to arrive from HK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Fenton, it's a bit naughty advertising here!

Can anybody tell me how to compare a LED unit with other lighting systems -- for example, what might be the equivalent of a 100w incandescent bulb? I presume that if I have one comparator, everything else is simply proportional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fenton

LEDs give out around 50-90 lumens per watt depending on the type of LED.Incandesant's give out 18-19 lumens per watt.So a 100watt incandesant bulb gives you 1800 lumens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Thanks. So to replace a 100w incandescent bulb, I would need a LED rated at about 25w, give or take about 7w. With that latitude, I think I would need to know what type of LED.

Mods, might you consider unbanning Fenton, who seems now to be prepared to play by the rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Not all LED bulbs are not equal!! as they are many variations.

Do not read electrical power alone

Always look at "luminance power" V "electrical power" V "Area of Luminance".(i.e 35 degrees, 45 degree) etc

Advertisement