Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld Unlimited Card

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

There was a problem with my direct debit for the unlimited card and it hasnt been collected, its been returned unpaid

Should I just cancel it now and sign up through the uk site?

Any comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm having trouble signing up for this. After I give all my bank details etc, it returns this error:
    "There was a technical error whilst submitting your application. (3DSecure Participation Result=98)"

Anyone else get anything like this?

Edit: Tried again today and it worked fine. I was wondering though, will the card be sent to the correct address since we have to put a UK postcode in?
    Put in a UK post code initially and then you can edit it later.

Where can i edit this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble signing up for this. After I give all my bank details etc, it returns this error:
    "There was a technical error whilst submitting your application. (3DSecure Participation Result=98)"

Anyone else get anything like this?

Edit: Tried again today and it worked fine. I was wondering though, will the card be sent to the correct address since we have to put a UK postcode in?

Where can i edit this?

I was wondering this myself.
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Where can i edit this?

On the next stage there should be a 'edit address' button. You can then put in your Irish address with no UK post code. If you have problems, you can give them a call after you have signed up to make sure they have the right address.

I got my card a week ago around with the UK post code in the address, didn't seem to matter as they had the rest of the address anyway. Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got my card a week ago around with the UK post code in the address, didn't seem to matter as they had the rest of the address anyway. Thanks again!

Glad to help. Its been great value for me so far. I have seen the following since Ive had the card (about 10 or 11 weeks).

The Dark Knight
    WALL - E
    Man on Wire
    Hellboy II
    The Strangers
    Somerstown
    Pineapple Express x2
    Tropic Thunder
    Step Brothers
    How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
    RockNRolla
    Taken
    88 Minutes
    Death Race

Same here, I've had it since the start of the month and i've seen 7 movies so far :p . Works out to a little over €50 worth without the card (and thats student rates). Well worth the money and recommend it to anyone.
    Seen: Pineapple express
    tropic thunder x2
    taken
    the rocker
    how to lose friends
    burn after reading

and only 1 of those films has been a bit of a dud (rocker) but you don't feel so bad when you get in for free. Have a few more i wanna see before the months end aswell with saw 5 and ghost town out on friday (although they might spill into next month) and with bond on the way looks like a good time to have the card.

Bit off topic but anyone any idea when and if the classic screenings will be returning? would love to catch some and this card is the best excuse

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Bit off topic but anyone any idea when and if the classic screenings will be returning? would love to catch some and this card is the best excuse

The classic screenings are almost always completely booked out way before the day of the screening, so you won't be able to use the unlimited card for them.

Seeing the Blade Runner Final Cut on the big screen was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Just signed up for this. No problems.

Thanks, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MonkeyButlerMan

I signed up for one of these yesterday and am yet to receive any confirmation e-mail. Is this normal or should I have received it by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

am thinking about getting a card as a Xmas pressie so could youi let me know how you get on? Thanks

sorry to drag up an old thread but figured it'd be easier than creating a new one.

My mate signed up for this about a month after me. he went to see a film a couple of weeks ago and was told his card was cancelled and would have to ring the english unlimited help line. they told him that they couldn't take the money out of his account due to differences between the english and irish direct debit system and cos he was with an irish bank (AIB) and that he would have to sign up on the irish system (which we all know is about €7 dearer).

The last time i went to the cinema was last night and i havn't had any problems so far. but that said, i have not been charged since the first month (october) on my credit card and i'm also with AIB.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm a bit worried now that it's going to happen to me at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Honestly I don't know. I do know the direct debit at Cineworld isn't the best system. I remember having my card about 2 years ago and it never took a cent out of the account after the initial 2 month period was up only to have the card cancelled and them sending me letters asking for the unpaid amount for a few months which I just ignored.

I'll be signing back up tonight but paying for the years membership, much easier to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've had an Unlimited Card since they started it in 2000.

I normally goto at least 2 films a week.

€19.99 a month is excellent value, as it costs around €10 to go to a film (€15 to go to a 3D one).

I have never had a problem when using it. I have used it in Dublin, Belfast (now closed), Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Feltham, Chester and West India Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

jahalpin wrote: »
    I've had an Unlimited Card since they started it in 2000.

I normally goto at least 2 films a week.

€19.99 a month is excellent value, as it costs around €10 to go to a film (€15 to go to a 3D one).

I have never had a problem when using it. I have used it in Dublin, Belfast (now closed), Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Feltham, Chester and West India Quay.
    I think you've misread the thread, which is about buying the UK version of the card which should work in all the same places, but only costs about 12-13 euro a month.
    For some bizarre reason, the same product costs 50% more in Ireland.

IMO €20 a month is not excellent value (unless you really do have time to go 6 times a month or so), nor is €10 per film (in fact that's a complete rip off).

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Lads has any ye get this email??? Got it on the 6th Feb. I'm away on holidays at the moment so not going to ring them up till I get back to Ireland.

Dear Customer

We are emailing, to advise of a problem we have discovered with our automated direct debit payment process.

Unfortunately, the bank details held on our database appear to be incorrect and we have not been able to collect any monthly payments from your nominated bank account since your subscription commenced. We would like to sincerely apologise for this and would like to take urgent steps to correct our records to enable your subscription to continue.

To clarify the situation, we will not be requesting any back payments from you as we recognise that this issue is due to an error on our part however, however moving forward, we do require you to provide us with valid bank details to enable us to claim monthly direct debit payments against your account.

If you could please contact the Cineworld Unlimited Helpline as soon as possible to provide us with your up-to-date bank details we will add these to our database to ensure that you are able to continue using your card without interruption. Should we not receive instructions from you within 14 days the use of your card will be suspended.

The Helpdesk can be contacted on 08702413445 seven days a week between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm. Any member of the team will be able to assist you with your call.

Kind Regards
    Trudy Nash
    Unlimited Manager
    On Behalf of Cineworld Cinemas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

PIMPHO wrote: »
    To clarify the situation, we will not be requesting any back payments from you as we recognise that this issue is due to an error on our part however, however moving forward, we do require you to provide us with valid bank details to enable us to claim monthly direct debit payments against your account.
    That seems nice of them (maybe they couldn't get away with adding on the accumulated backpayments to the next charge with it being their mistake, I dunno).

I've heard of quite a lot of cases where this has happened (my sister used hers for a year or so, never being charged, until she asked them about it and they said "umm.... actually I can't find your account on the system at all, even though your card seems to work?", so she threw it away for some mad reason; principle, or ethics or something :P), but this is the first I've heard of an email like this. Looks like they're finally copping on and sorting themselves out!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Lads has any ye get this email??? Got it on the 6th Feb. I'm away on holidays at the moment so not going to ring them up till I get back to Ireland.

Dear Customer

We are emailing, to advise of a problem we have discovered with our automated direct debit payment process.

Unfortunately, the bank details held on our database appear to be incorrect and we have not been able to collect any monthly payments from your nominated bank account since your subscription commenced. We would like to sincerely apologise for this and would like to take urgent steps to correct our records to enable your subscription to continue.

If you could please contact the Cineworld Unlimited Helpline as soon as possible to provide us with your up-to-date bank details we will add these to our database to ensure that you are able to continue using your card without interruption. Should we not receive instructions from you within 14 days the use of your card will be suspended.

The Helpdesk can be contacted on 08702413445 seven days a week between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm. Any member of the team will be able to assist you with your call.

Kind Regards
    Trudy Nash
    Unlimited Manager
    On Behalf of Cineworld Cinemas

Just got this email too. I've been signed up since September. My housemate got that email about a month ago, he signed up at the same time. They may be catching on.

Just screwed this up and now my card is being sent to Liverpool...

Going to have to call them in the morning to change it. Eert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

hmmmm an email asking you to send your bank details to them.
    also why is it signed...

"Trudy Nash
    Unlimited Manager
    On Behalf of Cineworld Cinemas"

it's not even from "Cineworld Cinemas" directly, if it was me I'd contact cineworld about this before ringing that number to speak to "the team" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i havn't recieved that email yet. hopefully ive slipped under the radar!

Has anyone used their cards since they recieved this mail? I rang them up just there and they don't have my account details on their system?! Haven't tried my card yet to see if it still works...................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looks like those who went with DD and pretended to be in the UK might get their come-uppance

DDs are always a very bad idea imo, with credit card bills being the one and only exception

looks like those who went with DD and pretended to be in the UK might get their come-uppance

DDs are always a very bad idea imo, with credit card bills being the one and only exception

What are you on about come-uppance? It was a valid bargain and it was possible and perfectly legit to sign up with an Irish address and Irish bank account details. It's Cineworld's fault/mistake that they didn't know about the restrictions on Irish DD. And they don't accept monthly credit card payments!

Talk about being bitter............................

hey i just a got a similar email but they want me to pay for all the previous months:
    Dear Customer
    RE: Unlimited Card ***********
    We are writing to you in connection with the monthly Direct Debit payment relating to the above subscription.

Unfortunately we have been unable to collect the direct debit due on 02/03/2009 for the following reason:

Invalid DD instruction

To remind you, under the terms of the contract you have signed, you have agreed to make monthly payments by
    Direct Debit. Please call the Unlimited helpline team urgently to pay your outstanding subscription either by debit or
    credit card. The helpline telephone numbers can be found at the bottom of the letter. You will not be able to use your
    Unlimited card until 24 hours after you have paid any outstanding balance.
    The helpline team may need to talk to you about setting up a new Direct Debit Instruction, which can be done over the
    telephone. No further direct debit collections will be attempted until the new Direct Debit Instruction has been set up.
    Please note that if you are within the first 12 months of your subscription, each missed monthly payment will be added
    to your outstanding balance, which must be paid in full before you are able to use your Unlimited card again.
    Please call the helpline team urgently to resolve this matter. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
    Tamlin McKinnon
    On behalf of the Unlimited Team
    Cineworld

Bit of a joke tbh that they expect me to pay all the previous months aswell wheras others have been excused the payments. I do want to keep using it but having to pay all the previous months would be a bit of blow. Also should I ring the UK or Ireland helpline?

Thanks

You're giving out that you have to pay for a service you've been availing of already and weren't being chared for?..

That isn't a joke, it's business. You used a service, you weren't paying for service, you have to pay for the service.

I'm giving out that others have been excused of previous payments due to a mistake on cineworlds part that apparently i'm being asked to pay. I'd gladly pay for it on a monthly basis and had intended to from the start but its hardly fair for them to ask me for 3 or 4 months worth of pay at once when i specifically signed up to be charged every month. Its not my fault it took them this long to find out that they f**cked up

• Registered Users Posts: 26,355 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wait, have you been getting it for free or at the UK rate for months?

If its the UK rate then I don't see how you did anything wrong.

Are they asking you to pay the difference between the Irish and UK rates for everymonth you have been signed up on the UK basis?

i payed the uk rate for the first month, and looking at my bank statement they havnt charged me since. id be happy to pay the UK rate (about 13.50 atm) but I have a feeling they want me to pay back the 20 a month for the previous months which isn't what i signed up for. I'm thinking that if i ring the UK i may be able to pay the UK rate but on the other hand they might redirect me to the irish helpline who will charge me the 20 a month.

The exact same thing happened to a mate of mine a couple of weeks ago but he wasn't asked to pay them any money, just to re-sign up again, so he did so on the irish service

• Advertisement

You noticed the mistake yourself. This is common of all direct debits if a mistake has been made if you've been using the service yourself.

I said back in the first few pages when I had my first original card that this problem happened to me. I simply ignored the letter and the card was cancelled. Then eventually signed back up thanks to this bargain.

Advertisement