Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cineworld Unlimited Card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭Esel

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Bit of a joke tbh that they expect me to pay all the previous months aswell wheras others have been excused the payments.
    Just ring them and say "Why should I have to pay for a service I've used, when other people got it for free due to your incompetence. Is it because I is Irish?". :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just rang them there. They didn't actually expect me to pay all the previous months but rather pay the rest of the months of my 12 month subscription on the english subscription @ £11.99 a month (up till october) on my credit card as the direct debit wouldn't work. he gave me this option or to cancel and re-sign up on the irish subscription.
    I went for the "pay the rest of my 12months off" option as I know i'd get more moneys worth out of it rather than paying €20 a month for it.
    Cost me £83 which comes to about €93. Adding that to the €15 i paid for month 1 it came to just under €110 for the year.
    Worked out quite happily in the end, getting 12months for the price of 8 on the english rate :)

The lad on the other end was damn sound aswell and he said he knew why and didn't blame me that i was subscribed to the english rate cos the conversion rate is so good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Is it possible to change to the english rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Cancel and resubscribe would probably be easiest. There's a term in the terms and conditions thingie where you can cancel if you are leaving the country and won't be able to use the card, so if you were naughty you could say you are moving to Germany or somewhere to study/work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If people want to sign up at the English rate, the safest bet is to pay all in one go, rather than direct debit. It works out even cheaper now than it did when I started this thread.

12 pound pm = 13 euro pm x 12 months = 156 euro for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Tusky wrote: »
    If people want to sign up at the English rate, the safest bet is to pay all in one go, rather than direct debit. It works out even cheaper now than it did when I started this thread.

How does this work, do you upload your picture online and they send you the completed card. Or do they just send you a voucher and you have to sign up in store?

Has anyone actually done this? Can you do it with an Irish credit card?

bk wrote: »
    How does this work, do you upload your picture online and they send you the completed card. Or do they just send you a voucher and you have to sign up in store?

Has anyone actually done this? Can you do it with an Irish credit card?

You fill out a form, also uploading a digital photo, and give them payment details. You'll instantly recieve a temporary pass you can print out and you'll get your card in the post in about 10 days or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

Signed up yesterday. Printed off a temp pass. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

Annual ticket works out at ~€155 using current great FX rates, so that's a saving of 35% versus the IE annual fee of €240...

Are we being ripped off or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

BernardMc wrote: »
    Annual ticket works out at ~€155 using current great FX rates, so that's a saving of 35% versus the IE annual fee of €240...

Are we being ripped off or what??

Hence the whole point of this thread ;)

I seem to have misplaced my card...I printed off the temporary pass though and they still accepted that no problem. Just thought to let you know in case any of you are as boneheaded as me :P

• Advertisement

I have the IE Cineworld card currently, has anyone gone about cancelling theirs before? Is it easily done? Also, are the monthly payments in advance or retrospective? Don't want to go cancelling it just yet if I've already paid for the next month...

BernardMc wrote: »
    I have the IE Cineworld card currently, has anyone gone about cancelling theirs before? Is it easily done? Also, are the monthly payments in advance or retrospective? Don't want to go cancelling it just yet if I've already paid for the next month...

Dont believe you can cancel it until your 12 months are up. When you do cancel, you will still be able to use it for the remainder of the month that you have paid for (afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've cancelled mine after 4 years due to becoming poor value, I've yet to decide if i'll buy the UK card instead, it definitely makes the 'value' thing work out a little easier.

Dont believe you can cancel it until your 12 months are up.
    In the terms and conditions (of the UK one at least), it says you can cancel it if you'd be out of the country for the rest of the term of the contract as an example.

Drakar wrote: »
    In the terms and conditions (of the UK one at least), it says you can cancel it if you'd be out of the country for the rest of the term of the contract as an example.

Hmm interesting. My card is valid from until September but Im going away for the summer. The catch is that I paid the full fee in advance. Wonder would they be able to put the card on hold while Im away and then let me use it when im back. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Hmm interesting. My card is valid from until September but Im going away for the summer. The catch is that I paid the full fee in advance. Wonder would they be able to put the card on hold while Im away and then let me use it when im back. Hmm.
    You've nothing to lose by asking them - they were actually quite nice when I dealt with them via email and phone. :)

zynaps wrote: »
    You've nothing to lose by asking them - they were actually quite nice when I dealt with them via email and phone. :)

(c) if termination takes place during a subscription year on Legitimate Grounds, the Subscription Department will refund the excess amount for any full months remaining.

What would the best excuse to give ? If I said I had to move abroad for 3 months on work, would that constitute as legitimate grounds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

(c) if termination takes place during a subscription year on Legitimate Grounds, the Subscription Department will refund the excess amount for any full months remaining.

What would the best excuse to give ? If I said I had to move abroad for 3 months on work, would that constitute as legitimate grounds ?
    I'm sure they'd have no problem with that. Like I say they've been quite reasonable when I spoke to them - refunded my gf without argument when they incorrectly charged her for a replacement card due to them making a typo, and agreed to cancel both of our cards when I said we wouldn't use them as she was about to have a baby (although I had to push a little bit for them to agree to cancel mine as well).

Moving abroad is the default example they gave us of Legitimate Grounds :)

The price of the UK card has gone up!
    https://www.unlimitedcineworld.com/uk/pages/Login.aspx

To £13.50 /month, or £162/year

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Do any other cinemas do offers like the unlimited card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

The price of the UK card has gone up!
    https://www.unlimitedcineworld.com/uk/pages/Login.aspx

To £13.50 /month, or £162/year

Even at £162 per year its still 56 euro cheaper than what Irish customers are paying. I simply cancelled my direct debit with my bank,the same day I called the helpline and told them I couldnt afford it anymore they issued me with a letter via email telling me the subscription would end in 30 days. End of story. In 30 days time I will apply for cineworld UK version, its really common sense to cancel the Irish card, why pay 60 quid more for the same service because Im in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

I signed up to this last weekend.
    On Tuesday, they sent a letter saying problem with getting the money,

So I have no choice but to cancel it unless I have an english direct debit account.

Did anyone successfully sign up to this from an Irish user point of view?
    Did you do it by annual payment and pay with Credit card in one go?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    Did anyone successfully sign up to this from an Irish user point of view?
    Did you do it by annual payment and pay with Credit card in one go?

Initially payed monthly, but was only charged for the first month via credit card, about 4 months later they copped on, sent a letter saying my account is disabled until i contact them, which i did and they gave me the choice of paying for the rest of the year or cancelling. i paid for the rest of the year in one go so i got 4 months free out of it in the end.
    It seems since they now realise theres a problem with the DD system, that irish customers can only pay for the full year in one go. Still cheaper than the irish sub though if you intend on using it for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

four months off.. nice..
    well in my case they didn't even offer the choice of full year..
    Just tell me to have either an english account or alternative is to subscribe through the irish cinema.
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    that irish customers can only pay for the full year in one go. Still cheaper than the irish sub though if you intend on using it for a year

Is that through credit card when you first sign up i wonder?
    Because the form require that the user fill in credit card for first payment and the rest with DD.

Also I wonder what happen after the year is up.. do they extract another year from you Credit card?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    Is that through credit card when you first sign up i wonder?
    Because the form require that the user fill in credit card for first payment and the rest with DD.

Also I wonder what happen after the year is up.. do they extract another year from you Credit card?

Yes, they charge you for the first month instantly through CC and then each additional month through DD but because of a difference between the UK and IRE DD systems they cannot take the money from your account.
    There is an option on the website to pay for an annual subscription (one-off payment: £162 or €181, €240 from Cineworld Ireland).

I very much doubt they'd charge a full year on your card without informing you. I reckon they would probably cancel your card and send you a note saying to renew your sub if you want to continue

They've started enforcing the €1.50 charge for 3d films now for Unlimited card holders in the last couple of weeks. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Signing up online for the uk one, did you provide a uk address as it does a postcode search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

They've started enforcing the €1.50 charge for 3d films now for Unlimited card holders in the last couple of weeks. Boo.

Wait can they do that? I glanced through the small print initially and there was nothing about adding an addition to certain films.

If that's true so help the first cashier who tries to charge me it ;)

Simple solution: if you've been to a 3d film before and kept the glasses, put them in your pocket, pick another film on around the same time and stroll into the 3d film

• Advertisement

Advertisement